Is Edifier T5 worth it for R1280DBs / Any alternatives?

the sub most likely just turns on and off with the speakers, it does give an option to just bail on pairing a sub with your speakers and upgrading everything for the same price anyways

Still the mavoc, as the t5 gives out and chuffs on bass notes around and lower than 30hz, but the t5 probably sounds slightly cleaner and probably matches your speakers better

Well, it looks like the T5 and I would be rather surprised if it wasn’t working the very same way it would if I just bought the T5 for my setup.

i’ll look into it

1 Like

Alright, thx

1 Like

I did a quick search in the Q/A and review section and nothing about the sub

The website says this though, albeit nothing about a switch:

“Receive deep satisfaction from the rumbling lows from the S350DB when the 8-inch subwoofer is activated during playback. Movies, music, and games come to life when you have this subwoofer attached.”

Well, it looks pretty much like the T5, just without the front cover.

Also, if it is somehow interconnected, that would mean that I couldn’t upgrade JUST the speakers or the sub separately which I see as a strong benefit going with the standalone sub.

1 Like

Here is a picture of the back, no switch, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t auto switch off (the speakers probably require the sub to work at all times to fill in the mid-bass though)

(1) Edifier S350DB - Bing images

Seems like the sub houses all the circuitry and one of the speaker has the fancy connector to connect the controls to the circuitry. Yeah, it’s all one unit basically, which tbh isn’t really the best solution imo. It would mean no standby issues, but also not being able to upgrade just a part of the setup later.

1 Like

I also recall having a working sub at home. It belongs to a Philips soundbar and it connected wirelessly to it. The soundbar is broken beyond repair. Maybe, there could be some way to hack it and wire it up to the speakers. That would for sure be the cheapest solution…

1 Like

Go to the diy section and ask them lol

yeah the full system is mainly for people who don’t want to deal with all the complicated crap

Yeah, I will. Found it. It’s just 6.5’’, but free is free.

1 Like

how on earth are you going to connect it to the sub lol

That’s what I’m about to find out in the DIY section. Will do that tomorrow tho.

you can always use a 3.5mm extender cord for under 5-6 dollars

Well, it doesn’t have any audio port. That’s what that DIY part is about…

wait oh i meant for the rca to 3.5mm cord to make it longer lol

lol. 6,5’’ is the old wireless sub’s dimensions.

1 Like

OH DURR I thought you were talking about the cable you had somewhere

1 Like