Is it just me, or does this look a little sketch?

Is it dynamic or condenser?

Condenser
character limit

I think you could upgrade by getting a shure sm48lc, as it would help with the less ideal room conditions because of the fact it’s a dynamic it would reject more background noise and room sound. Shouldn’t be too expensive

Probably pick up another U-Phoria to see if second time’s the charm if I do pick one up.

Which would be a better pick?
The Shure SM48-LC $30 ($32.60 bundled w/windscreen) or

Behringer Ultravoice Xm8500 $23 ($30 in bundle with 10’ XLR cable and microfible cloth by Circuit City, still on Amazon)?

The SM48lc imo. The shure is much higher quality

The extra windscreen worth it?

Not really unless you have a fan or something nearby. Also I would check online to some demos of the mic to make sure it’s a sound you are good with

What would be dangers of buying used mics?

I mean if someone treated it like shit it’s not a good thing. And shure sm mics are common stage mics so they are treated pretty harshly for the most part. With dynamics there are less things to worry about

If I where to go somewhere like Guitar Center or Reverb, would it be safer?

Yeah I think you have a pretty good chance there too. Selling used expensive mics and vintage mics is not really anything to worry about, but with less expensive mics you have a chance of people beating them up more

Part of the reason I asked is 'cause looking at the used shit for the Guitar Center where I’ll be during Christmas break, I noticed a couple mics(both claim Good Condition, or light visible wear, but completely functional):
Audix OM2 - $39

Samson R31S - $15

Read carefully. You’re inferring the mike and the headphones. Nowhere on the ad does it actually SAY it comes with them. Just the cables and the cloth. Subconsciously you’re “adding” in the rest because the image infers it. So they are passively trying to scam. I read it three times just to make sure.

We’ve covered this already

Is it just me, or has the price of the UM2 jumped? I can only find it for less then $40 on ProAudioStar. Everywhere else it’s up around $50
http://www.proaudiostar.com/behringer-um2-2x2-interface.html?utm_source=Google_Shopping&gclid=CjwKCAiA27LvBRB0EiwAPc8XWfhXeQbtmBx8rjQU8xA2-3KLAKStVJnU-vRhwAivIgB5HHxhuOD95BoC__4QAvD_BwE

It used to be like 30 bucks, but then went out of stock like everywhere. IDK what’s going on with the behringer stuff right now

I thought I remembered my last one being about that much. At least it’s not just me getting weird results.

Would you say, for a budget offering in a situation like mine where ambiant sound can’t really be controlled, would a Blue Snowball Ice ($40 on Amazon and B&H) be a decent option? Or would it still be worth it to go for a UM2 (at it’s inflated price) and a SM48-LC?
(Theorizing cheapest and decent options either way)

I mean the snowball ain’t that bad for the price tbh, it really just depends on if you want to upgrade mics in the future