Is there a perfect headphone?

It needs comfy leather pads and animal ear headband accessories.

2 Likes

Enhancements accepted.

You are lucky! I love old motown, classic rock, some prog rock, lots of new rock, blues, horn jazz and some pop. NO headphone does all that well. The closest I can come is the Grado GH2, which is still a little bass light.

1 Like

Is it though? The Harman curve is a big generalization. And every ear is different different shapes different ear canals and such. But I am also a man of variety and donā€™t really do all rounders

I did. I donā€™t have much advice to offer anymore though. Or, let me rephrase. I donā€™t offer advice unless I honestly think I know what Iā€™m talking about. If I havenā€™t heard a set, I usually keep out of the conversation. If I have heard one, I might say something but will usually point out itā€™s just one personā€™s opinion. Yours may be totally different, but equally valid.

2 Likes

I really hate how some will try and argue with someone elseā€™s personal experience and deny it or start arguments for no reason, the most important opinion when you have the headphone is your own, and donā€™t let someone else try and change what you think about the headphone (unless there is a valid reason)

3 Likes

Same here, I think itā€™s the most productive way to be. If Iā€™m interested in a set Iā€™ll normally jump in the on convo to address my concerns. That other site has a lot of people that make noise within threads and youā€™ll find out they donā€™t even own the threadā€™s headphones, they just came to push their gear bias.

Itā€™s really sad that anyone has to point that out, but itā€™s pretty important, so donā€™t downplay that knowledge you bring! :grin:

I used to have a much larger collection of over ear cans. On that other site I was subscribed to all the threads that covered said cans. As I sold them I unsubbed. Just lost interest in trying to belong, I guess. So if I see someone on here that hasnā€™t heard on of those sets, but is considering buying, Iā€™ll offer my two cents. Iā€™ll even say why I sold them if asked. Most of them I didnā€™t like enough to keep me from making back some money from them. And I quickly learned to not buy at full price. Sales are your friend. So Iā€™ve generally made back close to what Iā€™ve spent.

1 Like

Buying used is great, can allow you to get the sound you want at the price you want. And itā€™s pretty safe since people tend to treat high end well

1 Like

I will say, the Koss KSC75 are pretty close to perfect if we are talking about price to performanceā€¦ $13. I donā€™t understand it lol.

There aint a pair of perfect ears, why would there be a perfect headphone?

1 Like

Lol, absolutely correct

Preposterous.

3 Likes

Found the ear fetishist boys!

2 Likes

Sure, her ears may be acceptably well shaped. But they are attached to her head at the wrong angle. She would only be able to localize on sounds that originate above and in front of her head. Maybe a pro basketball player, for example.

2 Likes

No M0N, you donā€™t understand. The other person didnā€™t hear it right. They need to get plastic surgery to change their ears, skull shape, nasle cavity, throat, chest cavity, and lungs to perfectly match mine and then their opinion will be valid.

1 Like

Should I even ask what half of this is about?

1 Like

Going off of the last 3 posts, this thread is about ear fetishism and plastic surgery.

4 Likes

Nope, you just did not understand and shot right to off-topic.

Her ear leafā€™s go very wide, they would touch padā€™s or even the driver cover of many headphones. If they made them wider, would not be perfect headphone for everyone.
They are those with dumbo ears also. So no perfect headphone for everyone.

Perfect headphones? realistically? no. But in terms of sentimentality and overall being satisfy to its sounds? Yes.