šŸ”¶ ISN Audio H40

Anyone in the know care to speculate whether weā€™ll be seeing a H40 successor (ā€œupgradeā€) anytime soon (say, within next 6 months)?

Welcome to the H40 club!

3 Likes

anyone tried fixing the cable connector caps with loctite or superglue? would that be a good idea?

I received a pair of H40s with the 4.4mm balanced cable today and for now I am really disappointed by the sound.

I tested them with the Ifi Zen dac and my source was tidal.

For me they lack clarity, resolution as well as treble extension and the sound stage sounds very narrow to me.

I imagined they would have a more full bodied sound.

The v shape is really strong so they lack midrange and vocals.

Currently I have the memory foam tips on them.

Do these need a special dac to really shine ?

Because my listening experiences donā€™t really line up with the reviews here or on head-fi.

Try silicone tips. Foams butcher the treble a lot.

1 Like

To piggy back on Rikudouā€™s suggestion, try Spinfit cp100 or Xelastec.

I donā€™t have the H40, but I think my Shozy 1.4 are tuned similarly on the low end. You could try reducing the 100-300 area by 2 db.

I also tried the green and red silicone Tips.

For me they sounded worse then the foam ones.

You might have gotten a bad fit with them.

If you get a good seal with silicone tips vs foams, the silicone will be better. And especially for iems that are already on the darker and bassier side. Foams reduce the treble more than usual and changes the overall sound a lot.

1 Like

Ok I guess I will order some spinfits now

My suggestion would be these

Radius deep mount
Elecom ehp cap 20
JVC spiral dots/spiral dots++
Azla sedna earfit

1 Like

I canā€™t get any of these here in germany except the jvc ones.

You might be able to import them from Amazon Japan. Thatā€™s how I bought them.

Ok which one of them should I get ?

All of them really. Especially if you are importing them from Japan, saves on shipping.

The jvc and azla are redundant with the deep mount tips though in terms of sound. But you never know if those wide bore tips fit you better. So I would recommend to at least get the Azla along with the elecom and radius tips.

Do be aware that the Azla tips are 1 size bigger than normal. So if you use large normally, you should go for ml azla tips.

You could also order the Final Audio Type E tips along with the rest of them as those tips are in my top 3 tips (type e, elecom and radius are my favorite tips). But the type EĀ“s probably isnt a good match with the H40 since its already bassy (the type E reduces treble peaks and boosts the bass quantity and tightens it). But if you got other iems, the Type E is a great tip to have.

1 Like

Ok I ordered some spin fits and jvc spiral dots now

Did anybody in here get the chance to listen to the EST50 yet?

I am pretty tempted latelyā€¦ :see_no_evil:

1 Like

As a 40 ā€˜s owner I can only hope the 50s are much bettet

1 Like

May I ask what you dislike about the 40Ā“s?
They seem to be getting a lot of praise
Too much bass for you?

1 Like

The 40ā€™s were fine at the time. There not up to the current offerings. You can do better. The 50ā€™s are probably better. They maybe good but though I try some of the Penon offerings but not the 40. It an Iem who time has passed. The problem is not to much bass. I have to listen to them it been more than a year for a breakdown.

Just to clarify that we are talking about the same 50Ā“s

EST50 are the Flagship of ISN Audio.

H50 on the other hand (which is the newest one) is the direct successor to H40.

Both 50Ā“s colour me interested but i think EST50 would be more to my liking, just not sure if I should bite the bullet and just order them.

I definitely do not need em :smiley: