🔶 ISN Audio H40

Yes they are probably fine. You brought up the 40 ‘s and I remarked zi hoped they 50’s were better. I be a bit Leary but more than likely they are fine. I do not own the 50’s or have heard them . The only way you will know is to buy them.

Looking to buy one atm, wondering if it’s in the spirit of the Penon Volt (graphing overly rich/warm and dark but sounding wonderful)

Yes please do so and report :grin::+1:t2:
I did not dare yet

Apparently someone was even quicker than me. Some other time. :disappointed:

Were your set stock? Woth stock filters the treble was much too attenuated for me. With stock filtersniff the bass was loose and sloppy and the treble dodnt sound right.

Agywr installomg the Olina filters when doing the Olina mod things syarted sounding.more coherent for me. I still need to do some more experimentation with different filters.

So far with Olina filters the H40 seem to be a keeper for me as I was thinking of selling my pair.

I might have to get an assortment of filters in different values so I have an accurate idea of my tuning experiments.

i have these for now a week and find them excellent, in the line of something like Audiosense AQ4. these are basshead, sub is dominant yet the slam is there, its not lacking in warm punch and mids while leaner are lush, thick, i like female vocal of those. treble is a hint dark but have extra spice for some percussions snap when needed. tone and timbre are natural, thick too…fun laid back musicality with vibrant chunky bass. a keeper and way way more engaging sounding thant more mellow mid centric ISN H30, which im not very afound of due to mellow bass punch and lack of deep extension. i dont have penon Volt, but own and love Penon Serial and Vortex. ISN H40 are more similar to Serial than Vortex which is brighter balanced V shape, some call them neutral but bass is boosted, textured, fast…excellent IEM to!!

5 Likes

Hi Eric If you had to choose knowing I love the warm darker UP Wich one would you buy the ISN40 , Serial, or AQ4 for $100 ?
Cheers J

1 Like

its a bit hard to tell mate cause i havent heard these UP yet…but i think it would be Serial the safest choice, its smooth as butter from low to high yet not dull dark at all. we can even say H40 are darker but there this slight treble spice that make pop up snare mostly. H40 is the most basshead of the bunch…

in fact, i just share my review today so why not adding it here in H40 thread.

1 Like