It's coming to the end of the year so

What’s your best audio purchase this year?..

P1’s for me (fucking awesome imho) and the ifi Macro iDSD…a good year for hifi and even more so for Chi-Fi :+1:

3 Likes

Fiio M11 its the bomb 10/10 would buy again

3 Likes

Hifiman HE6se, Sugden FP-4 amp, Falcon LS3/5a speakers, and HD6xx (favorite headphone).
So far this year these have been the purchases that have given me the most joy and satisfaction, the year is not over just yet tho…

2 Likes

Either the M11 or the DT 1990 Pro. They are both fantastic!

3 Likes

Kennerton Vali 2019 revision. It was the exact sound signature I hoped it would be.
Monoprice THX 887 - Sharp increase in detail. Power to spare
Honorable Mention: Thieaudio Phantom. Customization and will give any mid-fi open back a run for it’s money.

3 Likes

My Chord Hugo TT2 Love the sound of it.

3 Likes

:+1: Would love to try them but living on a barge and way less :moneybag: + :zap: it would be lol…

3 Likes

That’s on my short list for 2020 purchases.

For me, here are my best buys of 2019:

Headphones: Meze Empyreans. I wanted these since I saw them before I even listened to them and owning them has been everything I had hoped. Runner up: Focal Clears

Component: PS Audio Sprout 100. I wish I had bought this thing earlier. It opened my eyes back up to speakers, has a great phono input, and I find myself using its headphone jack way more than I expected to. Runner up: La Figaro 339 tube amp, Chord Mojo

iEMS: Campfire Andromedas. My friend sold me his pair after he went with the limited Andromeda Golds. I prefer the sound of the originals and he seems to think so too. Really great iEMS-I’ve never been much of a fan but these changed my mind on iEMS as a whole. The hype is real. Runner up: Blon 03

3 Likes

It really is a wonderfully versatile system.
My 2020 purchases will be dedicated mostly to my editing rig. But I’m hoping to get a schiit freya +
And by the end of the year a couple new headphone amps and headphones for mixing and listening.
I mainly want decware products for headphone tube amps.

1 Like

Have you looked at the M Scaler at all? That combo looks like my endgame. I may end up going with all Chord and get their phono amp and possibly power amp one day as well. I love the sound and build of everything they’ve put out

1 Like

A big call that and happy it worked ok :+1:

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve been looking at the Mscaler. I kinda made a game with my Chord product purchases that I wouldn’t buy another one (The purchase Path would be - Mscaler, Dave or whatever eventually succeeds dave in the coming years) Until I sell another script.

1 Like

I think the best one I’ve made was the PMC speakers for sure

LCD-1 and WH-1000XM3 are mine. Of course the LCD1 sounds better but the XM3s are amazing for everything they offer, especially for on the go.

2 Likes

I haven’t heard the Bluetooth Anandas, but I use the XM3s every day walking my dogs and when cooking. The BT Anandas may perform better, but I usually use the XM3s for podcasts and youtube audio. I don’t need them to perform better than they do. I have no complaints and recommend them to all my friends

1 Like

Focal Elex, Sendy Aiva’s, Koss 95x. Got my great Dynamic, Planar and Estat headphones :grin:

Also got a great amp the SMSL SP200 THX 888. And bought the SMSL SU8 DAC.

Been a good year.

4 Likes

Sennheiser HD58Xs. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

so far the he 4xx for $130 is killing it for me maybe my mh 755’s cause for $4 it’s hard to beat that kind of PTP but I did just order apar of m570 but probably wont get here till january

1 Like

actually I decided definitely the micca rb 42 they immiditely blew my mind and really sjowed me what a decent near field setup sounds like and really opened the world for me I think they are perfect but really considering more expensive pairs for a possible bedroom setup

1 Like

My Focal Stellias are turning out to be real nice for Film media. The fun tuning helps makes older film audio (which is often uncompressed mono/stereo for the films I tend to watch for research) feel a little sweeter (I think thats the term?) than other headsets.

1 Like