It's coming to the end of the year so

3 way bookshelf speakers from 1972 with blown woofers for 10$. Dropped in 2 replacement woofers for 10$ each. They sound amazing =) DIY FTW!

5 Likes

How are you liking the speakers and the amp?

I really am enjoying them, they’ve really opened my eyes to 2 channel audio. They got me to understand what people meant when they talk about how the speakers are meant to disappear. I only wished I had a bigger space to push them away from the walls, but I’m still really pleased nonetheless :slight_smile:

The DX3 stands in as the DAC for the TV, while letting me casually bluetooth from my phone / tablet. The remote control is also a big plus!

2 Likes

Nice, well it’s a pretty great setup for sure :+1:

1 Like

Blon BL-03 maybe. However, I do use the Guideray more. I also have the TFZ T2 arriving this week. So I’m excited to hear those.

1 Like

The difference between Sonarworks and Reveal was small relative to the difference between either one and stock. And Sonarworks has a couple features that are useful to me, so I ended up chosing Sonarworks based on features.

1 Like

Gonna add the FH7’s to my best purchase list for sure…because they🤘

1 Like

hands down the MICCA RB42, it literally ended my iem use. The speaker bigger sound and soundstage just stopped my iem use. I still enjoy my cans because the soundstage is big enough. Beautiful sound, honestly endgame speaker? i mean i don’t have any problems with it, if i want it brighter i can just eq it but it’s ok the way it is

1 Like

I think you might like the kef q150 (just something to look at lol)

2 Likes

lol, im here talking about endgame and ur showing me stuff. ok, if my miccas ever break, lets say 10 years from now they are dying and i need new stuff. instead of just replacing them with miccas il look into those lol

1 Like

That’s the funniest quote of the year :raised_hands:

2 Likes

So many hard choices this year.
Overall:
DAC = ENOG 2 Pro
Amp = SP200
IEM= T2 PRO
Headphones= Focal Listen professional

1 Like

Lol I forget ur a big IEM guy

No offense of course, IEMs are phenomenal, just now more than ever I prefer headphones as my portables and my preferred system is a speaker

Yes but no but i’ve listened to an analogue…tries to remember probably a Linn based deck set up (stupid expensive arm and (Jap handmade cartridge £4K+) with a Krell pre amp might have been a Acoustic Research and Krell Mono blocks powering Apogee speakers…pretty amazing tbh

But a good ++ iem will defo give that a run for it’s money detail wise but not anything on that scale and presentation, like wise NO god their headphone will either…spaces, places :moneybag: and choices :+1::peace_symbol:

1 Like

I get that makes sense, thankfully I’m not buying ultra high end stuff lol. Don’t got the money. It’s just the distance fro where the music comes out from in a headphone is preferable to me over the distance it comes out from I the IEM. Specially since it’s shoved up in ur ear canal

Yep get that :+1: I prefer iem’s cause they do just that…coming at ya no holds barred where as headphones try to be speakers which they can’t pull off imho (even high end)…don’t get me wrong I love Headphones but for me they’re a half way house between speakers and iem’s?

1 Like

i see, yeah i see where ur coming from. I can see why that is appealing as well. And yeah, that’s why i prefer headphones for the most part, like a compromise for speakers but being portable and personal. iems really are more of their own thing, ultimately i guess i prefer the headphone over iem as their own thing

I think a lot of is comfort tbh and yeah a bit of in ya ears feeling…i’d be happyish :grimacing: spending £2k on an iem but it would be harder to spend that on a headphone for me :crazy_face: no budget and space? then a fuck off expensive speaker system everyday :+1: lol

1 Like

KPH30i was the only thing I bought so I’ll say that.
As far as things I recommended to my family, the sound system I helped them set up for us with Micca RB42 pair and a SMSL AD18 amplifier was amazing. No more soundbars! :smile:

2 Likes