JAY's audio memes (and reviews/ranking too I guess)

Some of the (if not THE) best photos I’ve seen of any IEM. Really look forward to the results! :call_me_hand: Love the fact that the shell is also glittery :ok_hand:

10 Likes

They’ll be $299 IIRC and should be available in short order.

6 Likes

@trouble @John_W_Clark yessir Dom really be COOKING :cook::fire::fire:

6 Likes

You’re always too kind, John. I have some more, just have to finish up the edits and what not. Trying to be a little more ambitious with these pics for my boy, Jay.

I think you’d be a fan of these, John. You have your laid back set with the Kailua, and the Estrella will livin’ up your listening when you’re in the mood for it without sacrificing on the low end like so many other sets do.

That’s incredibly kind of you, thank you brother!

15 Likes

The last one looks fire
Damn, the composition is so cool

3 Likes

More Estrella pics!
I honestly can’t get enough of this IEM both listening wise but also taking its photo…

I was up late last night taking these and my wife literally had to pull me into bed once it crept passed 2am :joy: when you’re inspired, sleep isn’t on your mind.

8 Likes

My favourite shot :ok_hand:

Get some rest bro :joy::joy: but I agree, sometimes I be up at 2am doing the most random shit

14 Likes

Hard pause!

4 Likes

…how big is this iem btw? iirc, you have/had the Hype 2? Is it smaller than that?

6 Likes

I would say it’s roughly the same size, maybe a touch smaller with a medium to small size stem and probably a 5.5mm to 6mm nozzle opening? I don’t have calipers but that’s about the size if I had to guess. I can do some comparison photos later when I get home!

4 Likes

5.5mm, around the same size as the Hype 2 series

7 Likes

After all the large AF nozzles, thank you.

4 Likes

KEFINE DELCI AE REVIEW:

TLDR:
-A smoother EW200 (well, depending on the unit of the EW200) with similar resolution with silver nozzle
-Tech wise it’s around the same as EW200 with the main difference being the bronze nozzle having better clarity and sharper imaging
-EW200 vocals pop more with better clarity, while AE silver nozzle is smoother and airier, less dynamic but also less bright
-Depending on the unit of your EW200, it could be just as smooth or brighter than the silver nozzle, but either way it’s going to less peaky than the Bronze nozzle
-More detail and resolution vs EW200 with the Bronze nozzle but it’s too bright imo, a bit sharp as the extra 2K + uppermids/treble isn’t very smooth

-At $89 it’s kind of a stretch since it doesn’t really compete with the EA500LM, but it’s solid for $69 on alix, at that price I think it’s good if you want a smoother EW200, but if you like bright, then still grab EW200, better value

-Versus OG it’s much brighter and more “resolving” since the OG was slightly warm leaning
-Bass quality is the same, maybe with sharper attack to the notes, but overall separation and layering is similar with the difference being in the clarity and sharper transients

Other comparisons:
-If you want a smoother and clean sound go Artti R2
-If you a bright leaning sound with better tech and don’t mind planar go T10
-Want bass? Artti R1 or OG Delci are still solid
-Check the vid for comparisons with S08, DUDU, Titan S2
-EA500LM still better overall if you don’t mind the unit variations in the uppermids/treble

Final Ranking:
Tonality: B+/A- (5.5 to 6.5/10)
Tech: B+ (5.5/10)
Overall: B+ 5.5/10

Thanks for reading!

14 Likes

Fuckin a @domq422 . That shit is amazing!

5 Likes

Absolutely stunning pictures my friend <3 Congrats

3 Likes

You’re amazing Cal :ok_hand::pray: thank you!

5 Likes

Pilgrim Noir:

Better than OG, smoother and fuller with similar tech, but not $400 more Effect :joy:

They lucky we’re not releasing the prototype version, would’ve ran circles around it for less than half the price:

16 Likes

Bruh!! Beautiful images of a stunning looking iem. Easily the best looking iem in its class :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

That 4K Elevation was really needed.

2 Likes

Hell, DaVinci vs. Noir looks like a shout already (and it’s rather SA6-like. Elysian takes on DUNU!!!)

2 Likes