JAY's audio memes (and reviews/ranking too I guess)

ok lol that is quite the variation.

5 Likes

Ya that looks like the MK2s in the treble and bass dam

4 Likes

Please do another frens demo iems and feature Oracle3 and PrestigeL. If the only thing the PrestigeL has an upper hand is the treble then the mids should be a toss up. Some people might find the mids of O3 to be more natural due to the bass response. What do yall think?

1 Like

I doubt that Thiaudio have managed the coherence and the timbre,which few reviewers talk about . They charge you a lot of money for unnatural sounding IEMs. And the QC can really be a problem. Some lesser known brands have blown them away with cheaper and better IEMs.
Oooh, I forgot they have “revolutionary isobaric bass technology” :sweat_smile:
Sad but true, as the legendary James sang….

3 Likes

Ya I can try, no promises tho

@SoundEater Which thieaudio iem was unnatural to you? just curious

1 Like

From the distance of time H2 sounds more and more unnatural to me. Maybe because I listen to better IEMs than the H2 or maybe my library. I don’t know, but I doubt some things from Thieaudio. I wouldn’t pay a penny for them.

1 Like

Hype 2 was bright so I can see that, everything else I haven’t had much of an issue (aside from the abomination of the Oracle MK2 :joy: )

2 Likes

Great review, Jay! I really like the comparisons. :+1:

The MK III sounds awesome from your description. Thieaudio might be pricey, but you definitely get what you pay for. I had the Monarch MK II and loved them before upgrading to the Prestige and then the Prestige LTD.

I know many people love the Mega5est but I never understood the hype around it. I bought the 7th anniversary edition and it was OK. Bass was too relaxed and it needed more air. The technicalities were just average on mine. How would you compare the technicalities of the Oracle MK III to the Mega5est?

2 Likes

I have a confession to make. Estrella reminds me of a local singer here (who already passed away) who went by the name La Esterella. Not my style of music, but she was a pretty decent singer with an unusual low voice for a woman. Now I’m actually curious on how her music will sound on the Estrella.

3 Likes

My man @VIVIDICI_111
Mind if i ask for some spoilers regarding the configurations of your new collab? =))

4 Likes

4DD-8BA-4EST-1BCD, 2200 USD
The price is good for the configuration :nerd_face:

But now serious- 2DD-4BA, 279 USD :wink:

4 Likes

ESTRELLA sneak peak for the HFG fam :saluting_face: (keep it DL plz)

$299
2x 10mm DD
4x Sonion and Knowles BA

@SoundEater :wink:

:fire: :fire::fire:

29 Likes

It looks stunning and not so good for my wallet. :smiling_face_with_tear:

5 Likes

Oracle MK3 was a little better to me, not by much tho. Overall the much better buy imo from the low-end to the faceplating :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Oh wait till you see the ACTUAL pics and in person :hot_face: :hot_face: :fire: :fire: :fire:

8 Likes

Finally, someone should choose a nice color, not patterned IEMs like a peacock. Bravo! :notes: :beers:

3 Likes

I really do love the Oracle iii faceplates

4 Likes

Damnnn.
Welp, i’ll see if i can get it.
Sure hope it’ll have better bass texture than the supposedly “revised” Doscinco of mine.

3 Likes

Looks good.

It graphs somewhat close to Doscinco - I’m gonna be needing a comparison between them.

My primary issue with Dos (pre-retuning) was how the mid-bass/low mids was clouding up the vocals somewhat and how the vocals weren’t separate enough from the mix. Then at higher volumes I could hear some spice and strain in the treble.

1 Like

Nah they sound pretty different you’re good :+1:

Fixes what you’ve said exactly

7 Likes