JAY's audio memes (and reviews/ranking too I guess)

$5000 cables lmao. This is why we should do more debunking of snake oil, good stuff @VIVIDICI_111 .

3 Likes

Ya, I have no problems with people who KNOWS that it won’t affect much and they’re just finishing off their “build”, but to beginners this is very misleading and the money could be better spend elsewhere for sure. It’s kind of like spending $600 on a fan for your gaming pc when you could better use that on the GPU or CPU. Tips would be the RAM/SSD probably haha

@blanche :saluting_face:

10 Likes

I liken tip rolling to like changing the DPI on the mouse or getting a better keyboard. Doesn’t fully change the IEM but how you enjoy it a bit.

2 Likes

I wish they sold this device! Then maybe I would have a chance at picking up on differences😅

3 Likes

You can definitely have substantial improvements with cables but there comes a point where you’re able to attain a good fidelity cable at a reasonable price where a much more expensive cable would only be marginally better.

2 Likes

I completely agree, it is better to choose a cable by

1. Low resistance.
  2. Convenience.
  3. Aesthetic appearance.
3 Likes

I have yet to try more expensive cables.

The Effect Audio Eros S was a great hit for me , better than Cadmus itself.

You actually have a harder time picking a cable with high resistance lol.

1 Like

Update for all the reviewers getting the Estrella, earliest ship date of the final product is August 10th

We had some production delays but should be good to go very soon!

Pre-orders will start on the 8th

Sorry for the wait everyone :bowing_man:

@hawaiibadboy

17 Likes

Wish you a huge success with this one. Looks phenomenal on the photos :sparkles:

5 Likes

Let’s GOOOOOOOOOOO! :handshake: :triumph:

6 Likes

Some of the cables that come with sets be like:

And others be like:

Then upgrades be like:

IMG_1691

All these networks essentially could be providing the exact same throughput. EMSEC maybe not so much. One just looks better than the others. Most of the people using the network will never know what goes in the server room. They just know their system works as expected. Now the geeks in the server room would beg to differ. I’ve been one of them. The improvement is always over 9,000.

IMG_1693

Yes it is because it makes me feel better and who doesn’t like looking at pretty things.

IMG_1694

12 Likes

referring to your cable rating will not make it difficult)

All the best for this release :fire::fire:. Hope it performs well and people like it. Excited to see its reviews.

2 Likes

I received Estrella from @domq422 to give a listen to. I will get impressions in time, but my first gut reaction is:

Jay, you’re a homewrecker because you’re gonna break up a lot of collections.

A lot, lot

20 Likes

Glad you’re liking them bro :sunglasses:

11 Likes

I’m actually really surprised to hear this…

If the Estrella is impressing Goober, y’all KNOW I wasn’t bullshittin now :muscle::triumph:

#BuyEstrella

14 Likes

Yo same bro I legit thought he was gonna be like “it’s aight” :joy:

13 Likes

Love to hear this…

impatiently waiting on the reviews - tick tock tick tock

4 Likes

Me too bro they still haven’t sent me the final version with accessories and everything yet :joy:

So it’s not just you guys I promise, we in this together :rofl:

16 Likes