JAY's audio memes (and reviews/ranking too I guess)

It’s all good !! Waiting does suck… But we would be in a world of hurt if we didn’t have anything to look forward to.

2 Likes

The waiting will give my bank account time to recover from the trauma of last month.

Long story, but property taxes suck in Omaha. We pay about 2% of the home value annually, and my home went up $60k in value since I bought it 2 years ago. That just means my hike was $1200, and I was already paying $5k. I had to pay the second half, or $3100. My taxes are more than my loan payments and homeowners insurance combined. This was on the same month our health insurance deductibles reset ( the year starts on July 1 ), my wife has issues, and her medical bills reflect that.

11 Likes

Speechless GIFs | GIFDB.com

That’s disgusting.

Time to plug in those Explorers John :joy:

5 Likes

It’s coming !

7 Likes

Sorry about the slow reply. I don’t do videos. I don’t actively do social media. I hear what I hear. I don’t hear what I don’t hear.

I can see the point of the video. I think there are very few people that think a cable will turn a sub-$100 into a “detail monster”. But, I like the single blind test.

Now, try the same test with the TSMR Sands with the original cable vs. the Penon Fan 1 or the Aria’s original cable. :wink:

As the test was regarding the Moondrop Aria, Moondrop has posted in the past on h**d-fi that, effectively, people would be better off buying a more expensive IEM (Blessing or Variations) then a cheap IEM (Aria) and buying an expensive after-market cable.

Good work

1 Like

“Don’t buy a Corolla and get leather seats, just buy a Lexus instead”

Very sharp strategy, Moondrop

7 Likes

IT’S HERE

After feedback we made the final version the perfect bling :ok_hand:

24 Likes

Congratulations, man.

My only issue is that you missed a huge opportunity for preorder bonus to include meme glasses.

9 Likes

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. That would have been so good🤪

6 Likes

Bro trust me I’d do it but we’re already running behind on schedule :joy:

9 Likes

Estrella and Deuce on the way, the race is on!

6 Likes

@VIVIDICI_111 You choose the tips too ? Or is it just standard ones

2 Likes

Just to clarify. The Aria is/was competitive in its price range. There was banter in the Moondrop thread a few years back where a poster wondered if upgrading the cable would make a significant difference with the Aria. Moondrop’s rep replied that a new cable may make a small difference but it was money better spent to put the money to be invested in a (IIRC), over $100 cable, into a higher tier IEM.

2 Likes

I got what you’re saying. I was making a joke that Moondrop is upselling, like a car salesman.

I got you, though!

5 Likes

I understand you better now. Thanks. I see your point about the upsell.

4 Likes

To be fair to you and my joke both, Moondrop is right about a $1000 cable. Just buy a kilobuck IEM at that point.

3 Likes

Estrella video is now out :saluting_face:

Happy Estrella day :sparkles:

And here is the IEM size comparison site I’ve been secretly working on. Hope this can help y’all with fit issues :handshake:

25 Likes

Nice work on the IEM size site but, quick question, how are you measuring them?

For like the DaVinci, I got 6.6mm on the nozzle lip as being the widest part so wondering how it’s put in?

But this has been something the people have been needing for a while, awesome stuff.

2 Likes

giphy (1)
giphy (3)

5 Likes

6.6mm? That seems very big lol I just measure the outside diameter. One point to another straight across

2 Likes