JAY's audio memes (and reviews/ranking too I guess)

Same…ranking from me :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

5 Likes

Damn Melody and Fermat look hawt then. Choppin is niiice.

2 Likes

If I didn’t have Pandas and Shortbus planars, I’d care about Melody. But good for Kiwi Ears making a nice IEM

1 Like

I would like to get the Nova, chopin and Fermat, but honestly at some point they would just be roughly the same tier of IEMs that I would spend very little time on each lol. Especially now that I’m getting into vinyl and that money can go into a new catridge or some records.

Would probably only be interested in Fermat because it seemed to be the most unique one of them all.

3 Likes

This may be a stupid question, but could possibly the EA1000 be modded like the EA500 wherein you tape over the vent closest to the nozzle to enhance the bass?

1 Like

Fermat and Melody imo, everything else is just Harman, unless you don’t have any Harman

@trouble I can give it a shot, but I don’t have my coupler to measure yet, so maybe asking @ToneDeafMonk would be better

2 Likes

Should work by blocking this.

And possibly if you block the radiator.

3 Likes

As Riku said, the vent next to the nozzle absolutely will increase the bass output

2 Likes

I tried and graphed blocking the nozzle vent , the stock one has been already thickened up but my observations were if you do any more Transpore or Micropore it muddies the bass alot and sounds like ass. Not recommended unlike the EA500 worked for me.

Also the Sub bass output only effected 20-50hz with a 1-2 db difference

3 Likes

Yeah guess it does increase the bass like usual then.

Blocking the radiator increased the bass? Can you show the graph vs the stock one?

2 Likes

Didn’t try blocking the Radiator, if you are looking for more bass lower the Pina gain

6 Likes

This resulted in the perception of more bass and mid Bass because your brain is not being overloaded with treble and the other big thing that happened was stage went crazy open and wide.

2 Likes

That purple line looks juicy as hell. The flat pinna is sucking me in as time goes on.

4 Likes

:joy:

My target was ahead of its time lol.

@ToneDeafMonk mind uploading my target to your squig?

5 Likes

Facts. Just gotta bump up that midbass a little, por favor :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

My target is trying to make ALL driver setups sound good. So the bad drivers also gets counted (where they would be muddy or bloated af with more mid-bass for example). But also counts the really good ones (EX800st) where it doesnt need much mid-bass elevation but still has a shit ton of texture to compensate for that so you still feel a ton of punch but it is clean af.

4 Likes

Gold nozzle + 500 mesh is the shit I’m telling you - so glad I fucked around and found out :joy:

8 Likes

I noticed on your tierlist that you felt foam tips really helped the Hexa, which definitely matched my experience. Any thoughts on EA1K w/ foam tips?

what tips are these? my trusty spinfits aren’t quite up to the task on ea500, thinking I need something longer/grippier :thinking: