JAY's audio memes (and reviews/ranking too I guess)

Awesome - thanks! Nice to know there can be a little flexibility. So far, with my own sets, I’m finding it rarely nets clear benefits to push too hard with the EQ, but different setups do react differently… Again, thanks for taking the time, and for the detailed write-up!

2 Likes

EPZ :eyes:

Not ready for this though…

7 Likes

I’m interested in the Q5 from their budget line up and the 530 from their not-so-budget line up

4 Likes

This looks like the profile of Principal Skinner lying down

11 Likes

LOL

Ya I was not ready for the sharpness that was to come

Does the foam come with the IEM?

2 Likes

No AliExpress 5x5 medium density
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKoblOg

1 Like

Thanks!
The graph that says black filter, does it have a mesh or no?

1 Like

Stock nozzle, all of the nozzles have either foam or a filter attached underneath in stock form just a FYI

3 Likes

CHOP CHOP

Big thanks to @Jaytiss for loaning me these :pray:

10 Likes

Quick Chopin impressions:

1. Pretty much just a better Nova, more air/open, sparkle, and sub-bass - everything else pretty similar
  2. I’d just save up the extra $50 and grab it over the Nova since it comes with divinus tips as well, so ya, No-va more like NO-THANKS
  3. Low-end doesn’t have the bouncy/sub-woofer feeling like the Variations, but much more engaging than the Nova
  4. Overall just a slightly more exciting Nova and Harman - I’d still take the EA1000 since it just has so much more variety+filters, better bass texture, timbre, and female vocals, but the Chopins are very smooth and less fatiguing in the treble, and one of the better all-rounder sets
17 Likes

These two looks extremely similar. Has anyone had a chance to listen to both?

7 Likes

The Twilight’s main sound is pretty “vanilla” and many folks could take it or leave it at the price, even if it’s still very good - its real magic is correct insertion with the front vents feeding tactile bass right into the head, that’s not through the nozzle so it wouldn’t graph.

10 Likes

I am also very interested in comparison (as Twilight is the most wanted set of mine and I would love to hear EA1000 is 95% of that), but I feel like what @rattlingblanketwoman should be the main difference in them.
@hawaiibadboy should be at least one person who should have heard both

3 Likes

It won’t be a direct A/B but I recently had time with Twilight and still feel confident in my written impressions.

I’ll tell you what I think

4 Likes

The Twilight is special the openness of the stage is simply amazing. But what makes it magical for me is its tonality and timbre are pitch perfect.

Waiting to hear Goobs take, Bennett Kelly should be posting his review soon as well two more respected opinions :wink:

5 Likes

The Squad :ok_hand:
Melody, Fermat, Nova, Chopin

15 Likes

What’s the order on them?

2 Likes
  1. Fermat
  2. Melody
  3. Chopin
  4. Nova
    :eyes:
11 Likes

You know I really do appreciate how consistent Kiwi ear’s branding and IEM design is lol

3 Likes