JAY's audio memes (and reviews/ranking too I guess)

Love to see it. I’m looking forward to getting my hands on them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

hows the fit? I just don’t get along with metal shells. Like they fit fine and all but without the wing they don’t feel secure and honestly with how many IEMs are out there now that sound great, fit is the biggest differentiator for me

1 Like

I don’t see this config graphed anywhere yet.
@ToneDeafMonk Would you be able to graph Fermat with Gold nozzle + 500 filter that’s included?? Thanks!!!

3 Likes

Fit is comfy - need deeper fitting tips for me (wide/deep). Perfect for me actually with these tips:

@Cameleon30 I’ll start graphing my sets now that @MMag05 will be retiring soon from graphing - respect and thanks to the legend for doing so for the past year :saluting_face:

8 Likes

I am interested in that passive radiator bass honestly. Might be a good complement to my planned rotation of Hype 2 + Fatfreq scarlet mini.

1 Like

Dam I wish fatfreq would message me back regarding the scarlet minis :joy: Guess no review unit for me lol

3 Likes

Not looking forward to sending my sets to Canada for graphing (definitely won’t get as many Amazon catch and release sets graphed now) lol

2 Likes

Gonna look forward to graphing 20 sets in a week with the tours lol

2 Likes

Sure will post to sqig in abit.

1 Like

Uploaded new configs

If you add a medium density 5mmx4mm into nozzle and 500 filter on top of screen this is what you get!

6 Likes

Also why I am excited for the DOME

3 Likes

Looking gooood thanks for doing that
@GooberBM :triumph:

5 Likes

Jeez…Passing my 41T on to @domq422 could not have happened at a better time. EA1000 is straight up taking that slot in my collection lol

7 Likes

I love the flame as well , going to tey the Gold nozzle tonight, Black would get a tad spicy on a ESS dac

2 Likes

Had a chance to listen and read - very nice review! I particularly appreciated your comments on bass articulation and texture, which is one of the key factors for my enjoyment. Were you able to throw up a bass shelf with EQ in order to get a little more quantity, and if so, how did that work - can you goose it a little without muddying up the mid-range or masking in other frequency ranges or other wonkiness?

Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m not mad :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you man, and I’ll give it try and get back to you

2 Likes

TY! Really appreciate your taking the time!

1 Like

Tried a 3db low-shelf at 100hz, 0.6, and it sounds pretty good - it does start getting distracting with 5db+ tho. I’d only go up to +3db if you’re looking to do 150-250 hz anymore and it changes the timbre. Also, if you’re going to EQ do a -2db at 2K peak to get rid of vocal masking, and might as well add a +5db high-shelf past 15K for more air lol.

I’m testing with gold nozzle+500 mesh btw, black nozzle stock is a completely different story - I’d EQ down the uppermids/treble by -3dbs at around 5-6K on the other ones without filters. Bass wise +2db-low-shelf 100hz 0.6, and +1.5db 200hz ish. There’s a big difference when you add more mid-bass - it does start getting wonky.

3 Likes

No offense to Nova or Chopin! They are IEMs for a different library than mine.
TBH I’m not looking for anything, I’m just buying a new IEM because I have the opportunity to do it, to try a new setup and new technologies. Otherwise we stand still and don’t evolve Gooby, my bad boy, you know it. Everyone chooses what will move their feet in rhythm with the music they listen to, right?
I’m absolutely happy with the Holy Trinity in my modest collection: IE600, SA6 MK2, KL MK2, but that doesn’t mean I won’t move the market, on the contrary I will Goobs! :wink:

3 Likes