JAY's audio memes (and reviews/ranking too I guess)

I personally hate iems with that wing lol.

Not comfortable for me.

5 Likes

Riku is like “repent and take it back” lol

2 Likes

Earlet curse. :sob:

(oh right maybe I should post my Hype 2 comparison post soon…)

3 Likes

Ayo same that shit hurt my ears like crazy

3 Likes

Haha I get that and it does make sense that most IEMs try to keep it minimal if non existent. For me the IEMs move too much without it

The Tri X HBB is the upgrade for the T3+, and it fits me better. The wings were too much.

The EW200 is much brighter, and the graph shows it too. From 3-8k it is extra. I also think that is why the EW200 doesn’t scale very well.

I agree, they are very similar.

1 Like

Yo based on your experience, do you think the driver in the Aria 2 is comparable to the EW200?

Aria 2:
-Internal and external composite magnetic circuit.
-Independent composite brass cavity
-Ceramic coated dome composite diaphragm

EW200:
-SCP Diaphragm. This diaphragm incorporates a special polymer film as a substrate that is coated with a hybrid silicon layer through a dual-sided sputtering deposition. Combining the strengths of DLC and LCP diaphragms, it maintains the high-density mid-range performance of LCP diaphragms and the extended, exquisite high-frequency response of DLC diaphragms
-DUAL-MAGNETIC-CIRCUIT & DUAL-CAVITY DYNAMIC DRIVER

Why does the EW200 seem better lol - just marketing?

The marketing makes them sound different but seriously…you really shouldnt read too much on the marketing as a lot of it is fluff or not really anything special. Like the “dual magnetic”, “dual cavity” terms that you see thrown out a lot, like 99% of the DDs out there have that trait.

Judging by the pictures they showed:

EW200

Aria 2

If the renders are to be trusted (u cant always trust them…TRN got caught “lying” after all) then it looks like the voice coil and the pcb venting design are the same, with the red voice coil and the 4 outer vents near the corner on the pcb along with one in the center. So based on that I would say the driver is from the same OEM but with a different diaphragm.

(although all voice coils I have seen IRL are all red colored though…)

3 Likes

Gonna be interesting to hear your take on it.

I remember describing the Hype 2 as a „Mini Monarch“ when I had it, but the more I listen to my own Monarch Mk3, the less I agree with my own statement. The Hype 2 is great for bass heavy/centric genres with its warm nature and great low end, but it is flawed for most other genres whether you can throw anything at the MM3 and it will replay it excellently.

In hindsight, I probably gave the Hype 2 a more glowing impression than it probably deserved. But to be perfectly fair, owning the MMK3 probably makes me incredibly biased since that set just excels at basically anything and everything.

1 Like

Wow, so very similar then… thanks for the info. I highly doubt moondrop’s “in-house diaphragm” will make that much of a difference if it’s probably from the same driver. Marketing gibberish :roll_eyes:

@mmkzero Ya both of them are beasts sets for their respective price (maybe MK3 is a bit much, but still ok). Would you say the Hype 2 is a mini MK3?

1 Like

Honestly? I prefer the Monarch Mk3 over more expensive sets I‘ve heard (like the U12t or Crimson) and I would consider it an absolute endgame set at its retail price (but I will still say, 1k is a lot of money regardless ofc)

Initially I did, but I wouldn’t anymore. The main reason are the midrange and treble, of which the Hype 2 doesn’t even come close to the MK3 in my opinion. Especially the treble is some of the most (hyper) detailed I‘ve heard. It‘s almost unnaturally detailed, but I don’t mean that in a bad way, quite the opposite.

In short, I wouldn’t call the H2 a „mini Mk3“ simply because it‘s not an Allrounder like the Mk3 and lacks all of its small and big strengths, if that makes sense.

5 Likes
9 Likes

Beat me to it hahaha

The video is a friendly reminder to everyone not to overspend this season :sunglasses:

But if you’re dead set already… then here’s the guide: JAY's 11.11 IEM BUYER/UPGRADE GUIDE - Google Sheets

10 Likes

I spent them in advance. But don’t spend so much this 11.11. , wait for the next one, then the technologies will be on another level. :smile:

3 Likes

My big plan for 11.11 is to go serious budget.

QKZ Q1 MAX - a budget cable
KZ Castor - a budget IEM with some nice mid-bass

5 Likes

I’m just looking for accessories in 11.11.

Dongles, DAPs, cables, eartips etc etc

6 Likes

did you see the new hiby player?

4 Likes

I did. I’m kinda waiting to see because android on such low specs can be painful depending on the implementation.

edit: also no 4.4mm balanced is a bit of a deal breaker.

2 Likes

Yeah I saw that which is kind of wack.

1 Like

Do you know how EA1000 compares to Olina SE?
With 11.11 coming, I’m half tempted to grab Olina SE if it’s on sale.