JAY's audio memes (and reviews/ranking too I guess)

Question for any EA1000 owners. How’s the staging and 3D on the fermat? I like iems which have a nice stage and good amount of 3D hence my love for the EJs and Olina.

1 Like

First impressions- i am fan :fire::zap::fire:

11 Likes

The new BGVP DMA seems interesting.
Config: Open-back 1DD/2BA/2BC

Nickel plated 9.2mm DD
1 Sonion for Mids
1 Knowles for Highs
x2 Sonion Balanced Armature Bone Conduction Drivers for Low to Upper midrange, peaking at 2.3kHz

2 Likes

that mids/treble tuning sure doesnt look good.

The BC that Sonion has, honestly seems gimmicky and not sure how much of a “BC” it is…

3 Likes

Hard sell when the Doscinco and Cincotres exists lol

@Rikudou_Goku and ya

2 Likes

Staging varies depending on the person, but the stage is good, wouldn’t call it “3D” tho

1 Like

Apparently it is the same BC drivers that the Canpur CP622B ($3499) uses (don’t quote me on that though) and according to reviewers, it’s not a gimmick at all.

I own the Bqeyz Wind and the BC driver in that one is very effective. I am tempted to try the DMA.

1 Like

BGVP sound demo against the Bqeyz Wind & Winter:

Written review seems very promising:

2 Likes

This marketing is wild :joy:

4 Likes

Missed oppoty for DRIAMS MOVING IRON DRIVER

4 Likes

I was told by a tuner who tried , that thoose Sonion BC are a joke.

1 Like

Most BC drivers are a joke, let’s all be real here.

2 Likes

Yes it does seem to be the case, just that with how that driver looks and graphs, I dont believe it actuall vibrates much at all…but I havent heard it so…

That BC is completely different from the type Sonion uses. This is a literal bass shaker, an LRA type I believe that mainly does 200-400 range. (similar to the Empire Ears BC driver.)

The one and only type of BC I have seen, that actually has a major effect and not gimmicky, are the type used in headphones like Skullcandy crusher or the old Taction Kannon headphones which Corsair bought the driver tech and is used in their HS60 headphones.

4 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems you’re on the sceptical side of the spectrum. That’s probably better than being a wishful optimist like me.

I guess I’ll find out in a few weeks, the DMA is ordered.

1 Like

Only because I have experience with the drivers themselves.

2 Likes

Do you mean BC drivers in general or those exact drivers in question? (Sonion BC, Wind BC)

BC drivers in general. Only type I have not tried is the Sonion type which honestly just looks like a BA to me both in shape and in FR.

Wind BC, LRA type I have and even made a bud with. Along with some other bass shakers like it.

3 Likes

The MEST series has used BC in every iteration and is acknowledged to have an effect on the sound by virtually everyone myself included :slight_smile:

I am very enamored by BC drivers, when joined to regular drivers. I think the latest BC inventions and implementations actually provide an appreciable effect, perhaps the same can’t be said for early attempts at bone conduction.

2 Likes

MEST uses Piezo type BC, which…I dont know how different they are from a regular piezo driver.

2 Likes

I had the Hook X for good while too. Also Piezo BC, but exclusively for the treble. It was quite noticable. Gave the sound an omnipresent low-fi sizzle. Didn’t detect that in the MEST.

But I think the takeaway here is that all BC drivers apart from the BA based one have been a flat brick vibrating through the shell onto the skin, and all have been audible for me, for the better in Wind and MEST.

3 Likes