JAY's audio memes (and reviews/ranking too I guess)

Annnd we back

Here’s a return gift - EM10 graph:

Hype 4 is different enough from the other ones (more impactful, fuller, bigger staging to me) while the Pilgrim, Dusk, EM10, Supermix4 are all in the same sound signature with the EM10 being the most refined

But tbh listening to the new Billie album the OG Teas are much better than them on songs like Skinny, Chihiro, Wildflower, Birds of a feather, The greates, blue (awesome album btw go check it out)

18 Likes

Low key, that pilgrim graph is looking fire.

7 Likes

Bro has been reinstated

1 Like

That was what I was thinking when I spotted that comp too.

I have been playing with flatheads a bunch lately, but yesterday I pulled out the OG Tea, and listened to Starchaser by Greta Van Fleet, then got out the Doscinco for The Battle at Garden’s Gate, also by Greta Van Fleet. I may already have my endgame between the Tea, Tea2, and Doscinco, but I keep looking the Maestro Mini ( this f—ing hobby ).

4 Likes

you ain’t missing anything with those sets. The MM has way more sub-bass but it’s not as enjoyable as the doscinco imo and the pressure and treble on the MM can become a bit much

6 Likes

I always wonder about stuff that V-shaped, but sometimes the extra bass drowns out the rest.

Thanks, you might have just saved me $500

The Doscinco is amazing, and lots of fun, with such satisfying bass. :metal:

5 Likes

Titan > MM. For me the Titan fixed everything I could nitpick about the MM. Though if only having to choice between Doscinco and MM I’d go Doscinco all day. Way better tuning to be better suited for a larger amount of genres.

Edited: Sorry meant to say choice between the Doscinco and Titan. It would be the Doscinco. Titan is a beast though and super fun. It’s my favorite between the two it’s just alot more limited in it’s abilities for different genres.

9 Likes

Ditto that, the first version of the doscincos are fantastic, Titan is also great for what it does, but the 5K gets too spicy for me although that may vary person to person

@domq422 Pilgrim a solid set, would be the default $399 rec for most people if not for the EM10

5 Likes

Did they do a stealth retune on them?
Or is that just a mic/coupler difference with you and Timmy? His Cincotres looks different too, which is why I had this thought.

I would hope so, given the price difference, but I get the tuning being better than MM. Just the treble and mid-bass turned down probably makes them more flexible. Meteor is a bit easier to compare because the price and tuning aren’t as far apart.

Doscinco has a nice mix, lots of bass without feeling like too much.

Of course I am typing this while listening to a pair of $10 flatheads, so my judgement is questionable.

Do we know what the price is going to be on the EM10? Or anything about the tuning? The 500 models were right at the upper end of my bright tolerance. I would take the Olina SE over both 500 models, and I would take the Kailua, Cinno, and NV over nearly anything in that price bracket, save the Artti R1 ( that IEM hits me just right ).

Of course now that Riku got me into buds, half the time when I get done A/B testing IEMs, only to put in way cheaper earbuds in and enjoy the budget open back experience. I think the Qian39 is an earbud that everyone should own, just to experience a good flathead.

5 Likes

First version of Doscinco? Do you think mine is the first version?

1 Like

Dunno, but knowing it’s SIMGOT it’ll be priced pretty competitively. The supermix4 and EM10 are a lot smoother than the 500LM and EA1000. Those are for sure bright leaning sets, and depending on the unit you get can be bright for some people

@DungLe That looks like a retuned version :grimacing:

1 Like

Damnnnnnn… I mean i liked it, but oh well. When did you first hear about the retune? The doscinco wasn’t even released that long ago

1 Like

When Timmy’s Doscinco looked oddly different :disguised_face: around maybe a few weeks ago?

Bro what the fak?

3 Likes

I mean. Timmy looks to be different from mine. The coupler maybe different, but the bass shouldn’t be different like that.
But that doesn’t make sense either. I received Doscinco 2 weeks ago. So it should be new?? Yet it looks similar to you??

3 Likes

Yaaaa that’s not a good look from ZIIGAAT, not sure what’s happening there

Mine is the green one compared to yours, looks like you got a brighter one than mine

1 Like

It’s out

12 Likes

Fuuuuug. That price is really tempting.

2 Likes

Simgot makes very good IEMs, but you’ll get sound for $440. No more no less. But… go ahead :shushing_face:.

4 Likes

It’s a shame we’re not getting branded BAs for the price, but I mean, as long as it sounds good and implementation is solid, I can see it!

6 Likes