JDS Labs Atom DAC

In that case the Hersey is better in my opinion. More power and better build quality

I think the archel 2.5 is a more natural and nuanced headphone amp, but the heresy has more oomph for harder to drive headphones. Personally my pick is the 2.5 unless you have a he560v1 or something

1 Like

Damn I would love for a 3 way battle. Think it would make for one hell of a video

yep, I see where of the same opinion. I agree.

1 Like

Needs to be updated but this was done a year ago:

Agree but we are talking more about stacks. But yes that needs to be updated with the magni 3+, hersey and the archel 2.5 included

JDS’s Atom amp is fantastic. Since they also have the “Element” I must say they should really go all in on their naming scheme. The DAC that matches the Atom could be the “Ion.” Then a $200 DAC/amp could be called “Isotope.”

You know I’m right about this…

;p

3 Likes

Send them an email about your naming scheme, I hope they will listen lol

You think I would get royalties for that?

I would hope lol, you could ask (or demand)

If they fixed the modi any of those stacks would be a win. NO one would be a loser if you purchased any of them.

3 Likes

Correct, that would be pretty awesome

Its coming BB. Supporters have a special video finalizing the Schiit, Topping and Geshelli, AFTER they each fought the ATOM… The LS was compared to the Atom last year.

So… atom dac or no lol?

But I just bought the M100. :grimacing:

Atom is the benchmark It will stay competitive but has been bested with the higher priced amps. And matched by others.

Yeah I get that I am just asking if there was an atom dac being released soon (if you happened to have any insider info as this thread is discussing)

of course it’s bested by higher priced amps…that’s the purpose of higher priced products, to be better than the lower priced products, LoL!

will be cool to see the run of new reviews comparing workable stacks though!

I don’t know if this is actually. 100% true. A lot of the $100 will still out perform amps that cost 3-4 times the price

I would say if you compare older products that’s correct, but if you compare modern products competing now, I don’t know if I would say that’s the case