Just ordered the NAD HP-50's

I ordered the red ones. Lets see what this is all about.

1 Like

yeah, and I hate shit audio! :rofl:

*schiit ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

1 Like

do they make tp now?

1 Like

That would be a good marketing idea lol

2 Likes

every order comes with a free roll of special made 4 ply tp!

Pick up some schiit today lol

1 Like

Just received these today. I listen to them using my favorite Simple Minds playlist and my favorite all time songs play list and thats a pretty heavy duty list of music to put a headphone through. and it handled it pretty well.

The sound is very good and neutral but not boring (and not dark thank god). not too much bass not too much treble or midrange. The soundstage seems more narrow than my Sendy Aiva’s surprisingly but its has vary narrow cups and not much distance from the driver to the ear with its small pads (90mm x 65mm, 17mm deep).

I’m surprised that with such small pads these headphones sold for 300-400 dollars. They were released in 2014 not 1984. The price they sell for today seems more like it. but there are probably headphones that sound better for less cost. But they do sound good. I wonder if headphones at the same cost could truly compete, what do you guys think?

The special “RoomFeel” technology is bullshit. I dont hear anything special about these headphones except how they can sound so good with such small cups. Maybe thats it? When theres a lot of sound, instruments or a rise in the music it feels like its a little bit too much for them. i dont know if i could call it distortion.

Something about these headphone made me feel nostalgic. But my Sendy Aiva’s crushed them. They can handle anything i throw at them. I was going back and forth with them ( i only have 2 headphones right now) I would listen to the HP50’s and think “hey these are pretty good” then i would switch over to the Aiva’s and i felt like the serious business had entered the room. The Aiva’s immediately sounded more exciting. The only way i can describe this exchange is the hp50’s were cake, the Aiva’s were the wind.

But the Sendy are 600$ headphones that sound like 1500$ headphones that where just released recently. I dont know much about headphones out today that i keep hearing about. But if the Blon B20’s sound as good as the Sendy Aiva’s for 350$ then they are the best headphones at that price range today. Why not spend a 220$ more? and the Monolith M570 with same driver selling for 300$.

But ive only heard a few headphones and nothing recent. I truly dont know if i should send these back or keep them. Are there better headphones than these for 130$?

are there better headphones? perhaps…I’ll report when I get my Blon B8’s. :wink:

guess we need to look into the options for pad rolling eh? make it so my ears aren’t touching the driver covers. might give them more width.

also, when there’s more space it usually makes for more bass too…right?

Imo yes if you are not aiming for a more neutral sound, although you can spend a bit more and get better if you want neutral

Sounds like a case of ultrasone s-logic lol

I would say keep them for a couple more days and make a decision, as you might not be used to the sound yet. But if you don’t like it after that, send it back

I’m a firm believer in headphones needing burn in…so give them a few days. :slight_smile:

and M0N, what do you think are better for only a bit more?

granted…they were higher price in the US than in Canada…I got em for $128, which is about $99 USD. I think they were going for about $140 USD off Ebay / Amazon or something?

I think that you can probably find the dt880 250 or 600 ohm in the range if you want a neutral, detailed headphone

Or maybe cheaper? The Superlux headphones for 38$ or the Philips SHP9500 for 70$ maybe even the KOSS KPH30i for 30$ that Z raves about? Why go more expensive?

I guess i’m interested in low cost great headphones that i could recommend to people like Zeos.

I probably will buy the Focal Elex next time its released for my next headphone if i want something better than the Aiva’s

I’m very interested! please do

and the KPH30i’s rock…but they do sound completely different.

I’ve got the KSC75’s too…gonna by that headband to mod them since the ear loops make them sit too far back on my ears making the drivers off-center. that and getting a bunch of Yaxi pads.

dont know how we’re gonna get replacement pads for this narrow headphone

https://forum.hifiguides.com/t/the-cheap-af-headphones-earphones-thread

https://forum.hifiguides.com/t/seeking-as-neutral-as-possible-headphones-what-would-you-recommend

:wink: Enjoy!

You can probably find. Pair of HD 559 for like $80 I know it’s sacrilege but personally find a better listening experience the the shp9500. The superlux are just ok. The Koss are amazing for the price they often surprise me with what they can do on an occasional basis. As I only use them when I cook. And for $140 you get a nice step above everything listed with the DT 770

Be it headphone burn-in or “brain-in” (lol), It always takes me like one month to have an objective review of how good/bad headphones sound on my head.

-Drivers “burning-in”? Maybe.
-Pads shaping to my own head
-Trying a lot of different songs, listening to a lot of youtube videos even.

(That is, unless you made a mistake and they sound horrible on the first day, like buying Grados or Beyerdynamics without even hearing them before just to find out you’re terribly treble-sensitve, for example).

1 Like

I month is pretty long. I would say I need about a week of constant listening to fully assess something