Juzear 41T: "The Little Engine That Could" Clubhouse

I should feel more insulted by this, but I kinda have to agree with you :crazy_face:

1 Like

My theory is:

• resin shelled IEMs need to “fake” the stage via some FR tuning tricks (especially single DDs). Multi driver sets having some residual phase delays may sound more spacious due to this inherent problem of phase incoherency, but that probably affects the imaging more than soundstage.

• Metal shelled IEMs may have naturally better stage due to more air in the front of and behind the driver allowing for some extra wave reflections. The more open the shell, the more ambient air to interact with the main soundwave and the better perceived stage.

• Earbuds are naturally much better in that regards due to the large volume of air in front and behind the driver - more reflection in the shell and in ear canal making perceived stage close to open back headphones.

I would tell you a funny story on that topic (and why trusting my opinions on audio may not be the best idea).

Yesterday I was listening to my most open open-back DIY buds at work. Suddenly I needed to put them out of my ear as someone was trying to talk to me. What turned out was that I had my DX3pro+ feeding my active monitors and not it’s headphone out, so I was listening to the speakers only with buds in ears :joy::joy::joy: To be fair the level of volume of my normal listening sessions was quite matched between buds/speakers dampened by buds blocking canal and after switching to HP out it did not sound much less spacious.
Story of a very bad ear or a very wide staged shells :smiley:

10 Likes

Ali Express - Juzear 41T Sale is now available

3 Likes

All Aboard!!!

IMG_2035

Ordered! Willing to deal with the QC at this price. Especially for the range this little engine that could is competing in. You want to bring in a little guy at a cheap price to shake the big boys you gotta cut corners somewhere.

9 Likes

You savage :saluting_face: I was tempted but I’m deciding to hold off for now. I have another set coming in from a very generous robot that should hold me over for a very long time.

God speed, Mags :handshake:

8 Likes

Now that I’ve seen that the Juzear Flame is seemingly just a different faceplate, with the 41T on sale + the praise you guys have given this thing recently, I had no choice but to join the gang:)

Choo choo!

6 Likes

I’m glad I got to send this out to get graphed and eventually on full tour for more people to get impressions.

That graph is definitely proof of concept that the tuning is good. You and @rattlingblanketwoman’s impressions are proof of concept that it’s got some sauce to it.

This is definitely worth playing the QC lottery on. It plays with $500+ sets and competes

5 Likes

Sold! Im excited to try these. I also bought a Kiwi Ears Quartet. Now the waiting begins!

4 Likes

For those who like a little spice in their life, and are about to buy the 41T anyways, it looks like the Flame version is available.

US $179.00 | Angelears and JUZEAR FLAME 1DD+4BA In Ear Earphone Monitor Headphone with Detachable Cable IEM Earphone HiFi Stereo Wired Earbuds
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKKIKiM

As far as we can tell, it’s just a cosmetic change so it is quite the premium for just a faceplate change and probably a different cable but figured I’d give y’all a heads up.

5 Likes

Not going to lie, it took me a while to realize the “unintentional” intentional hype-train reference to “the little engine that could” lol

1 Like

same here. I gotta cool my credit card down lol

3 Likes

I had to retire the credit cards earlier this year for sure :sweat_smile: i used to just impulse buy things so often, now I take the approach of - “I’m going to buy this in two weeks” rather than right now so I give my self the time to talk my self out of it :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I also employ this method of waiting. Unless something is a super-limited edition or on sale for a very brief period, I like to sit on it for a couple of days to a month to be sure both that I really want it, and in the super-fast land of ChiFi hype trains, that something better doesn’t come along (or that it isn’t just a flash in the pan). When I bought the SA6 Ultra, I gave it either 1 or 2 days to sell out. When the buy button still worked on that last day, I took the plunge.

5 Likes

This is my usual MO, if I’m not Amazon buying something. Fan 2 got me like this too, with their 50% off pricing. $140 was too good to not take the plunge.

So on 41T the regular sale price of $140ish was tempting but when the anniversary sale hit and all the reductions got it down to $109.80something, I was like that’s Blind-Buy territory.

If was just competent, that’s a good price for a 1+4 hybrid.

It’s much more than just competent

6 Likes

That’s a very good point. Chifi moves faster than the speed of light, Neil deGrass Tyson studies it on his day off, so I like to wait at a minimum of 2 weeks.

The only time I’ll jump on something super quick, is if it’s on the 2nd hand market for a ridiculous deal. Luckily, those super limited pairs are usually out of my immediate budget, so I’m safe :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

The Angeldac store insists its a custom retune of the 41t for the Flame.
Tony Tex has both and will speak as the the truth of that.
For thats store reputation I hope he speaks the truth.

Both graphs and driver configuration look like exactly the same.

I bought the Flame because I like the red.

7 Likes

At the end of the day, as long as you like the look and the sound then you’re getting what you paid for.

95% of all the marketing is hooey anyway

3 Likes

Did more tip rolling and found Azla Crystal to compliment 41T. Wider bore reduced slight mid-bass bleed into lower mids, resulting in a little more instruments separation and space. This doesn’t take away any note weight. Bass is clean, tight, punchy. Some of the grainess in upper mids sounds smoother. I am enjoying my 41T quite more now.

3 Likes

We pulled in a big catch now, boys!!!

If Super Reviews likes them a lot, then we will get some more steam behind this engine :grin:

10 Likes

Mine should be arriving any day now! They must be special if he likes them even if they didn’t resonate with him at first. Graph definitely isn’t his usual cup of tea

4 Likes