JVC HA-FD01 Dynamic IEMs

:fu: damned smartass :rofl: …yeah, i saw them on Crutchfield as soon as i looked those things up :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: LOL…

1 Like

At this point I’ve been waiting a few weeks now (like 3) and no date in tracking anymore so you could prob order direct from japan and get it before me lol

5 Likes

Condition is like new set going in the UK should be able to pick them up for £1k?..

2 Likes

Not gonna lie, JVC with LP are kinda fire. They fixed the only sound “problem” i had with them, the lower mids (i assume) sounded a bit hollow, to where i couldn’t enjoy my ballds and indie music as much since i was spoiled by the LCD 2 and Focal Alphas but WOW got them a balanced cable to hook up to the LP (while i wait for a custom cable from a friend) and surprised pikachu face i was shocked by how much better the mids sounded. Like it’s not just that they became even more forward (which i enjoy) but even the quality just sounded better, way more organic and sweet. The JVC did lose some impact imo they became a tiny bit more chill but besides that the mids really improved a ton with the LP, soundstage is nice and wide too. The downside is that the treble that the JVC has is usually fun and prominent so i enjoy it but the LP really took it down a notch where it straight up is a warm iem now lol. I guess with more transparent gear it’s bound to happen. But i’ve had this combo for a week or so now and it’s ridiculous how much i’ve been enjoying it, surprises me how good an iem can sound.

4 Likes

Such a solid IEM. Still loving mine and they really sing on the RNHP. What were you using to drive them before you switched to the LP?

1 Like

I was using the hiby r5 and the xduoo plus. Enjoyed I more on the xduoo because of the more forward mids and better treble. I found out I love the hiby dac but hate the hiby amp lol. Just because it really hides the mids. Only by chance I decided to give the jvc a chance in the LP and it really has been surprising just how much I enjoy it. Also now after the lcd and jvc I have confirmed just how much I love the LP

1 Like

Also what in particular have you been enjoying about them with the RNHP? heard from jfopps it’s a lovely pairing

They’re not sensitive, so you really can get away with running extra power through them. I use them all the time in over-ear mode with the Fiio M15, and I’d use them more off of my tube amp if the positioning was more convenient. I get the impression anything optimized to drive senns will do great with these

2 Likes

Yeah, honestly didn’t expect them to be so hard to drive because 1 they are an iem, 2 they are dynamic drivers. But these guys really appreciate the extra power. And indeed zero hiss. And gotcha, interesting about te tube amp thing. Never considered it, but yeah these guys Def appreciate some good mid action

1 Like

My Bigger Ben is set up to easily work with 6’ headphone cables, but I usually have to reposition to use with standard 4’ iem cables. When I do, for these I use the 32 ohm tap. The 100 ohm and hi z sound weird and echo-y, but not in a good soundstage way. If I used it more often, I’d probably get nitpicky with tubes, but I use it way more often than not with the M15 in over-ear mode. The performance boost these get from over-ear mode needs to be experienced to know why it’s so good.

I recently bought my personal iem end game u12ts. I love them, and they are exactly what I wanted from that Andromeda upgrade. But I take the FD01 to the supermarket. I think the reason I compared these to sennheisers is that while the Verite/u12t are superior, I still enjoy these the same way I will never get rid of my hd600 on a tube amp, regardless of how much money I throw ZMFs way

3 Likes

I feel like the strengths of the RNHP come through on these nicely. Very natural spacious feeling stage and imaging. Nice overall timbre that makes things feel lifelike. The more I use the RNHP the more I appreciate those traits and the JVC lets you hear them.

2 Likes

alot of hype on the company behind those. i know @Veritas adores his tia trios. Def something i gotta try some day

That’s what i was hoping to do, take the JVC to places but it just replaced my desktop setup since i straight up preferred to too much on the LP lol. i guess i need a better portable amp

2 Likes

gotcha, very interesting. noiceeee

I had a real good night with my Aune B1s last night, that amp makes these puppies shine :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hey @M0N, did you ever get these FW10000s in? I had the FD01s in again today and curiosity started creeping back in

Sitting at home, will get to them when I get back from a work trip

1 Like

Nice. Glad they made it it! Everything I hear is great, but there is so little info out there on these

FDX1 is so good. I think it’s my favorite headphone, in ear or full size. I have the blessing 2 and the dusk right now, and both of those are great, but, as the new toy novelty fades on those sets, I find myself wishing I was listening to the JVCs every time I use them. Those two probably are technically better, especially in terms of soundstage/imaging/separation. But the FDX1 just sounds right. The timbre is spot on and the tuning is just right for me.

6 Likes

so these are really good IEM’s…but how do they fare against the competition at their price point? nothing will change the fact they are ‘really good’, but are they so good when facing the competition, that they maintain the value proposition?

I think, like everything else, it depends on what you’re looking for. At $200-$250, there isn’t a perfect iem for everybody. Many would argue that’s the case at the flagship level too. While there may be better value if you are seeking Harman tuning, or a bass cannon, to me these just deliver more physical impact than I’ve heard from most hybrids or balanced armature iems. Not that there aren’t other DD iems that are good, but I personally prefer the tuning of these to my Campfire Atlas, and they are way more expensive. I don’t reach for these as much as I used to, but I like them enough to keep them around, at least until I decide if I want to dabble in the higher end JVCs. Been eying the FW10000s for some time now.

1 Like