JVC HA-FD01 Dynamic IEMs

what tips are those?

TCM Tornado Silicone tips

Sweet. Nice price on Amazon. I picked up a set. Spin Fits are pretty nice too, but a lot more per pair

1 Like

So…how do these compare to the sony EX800st? I’m gonna shift my attention to Japan for iems and these are next on my list :wink:

Eff it, I get them next week hopefully lol! This hobby is cancer of the wallet :sob:

2 Likes

Isn’t the fdx1 a better one to pick with its filters? Although for those in Europe like me, it is very expensive buying from drop that is in the US.

1 Like

Sorry yea I have the drop one on the way. Its just that there are not 2 different threads so figured I’d put it here.

1 Like

First Impressions ~

I just got mine a few days ago, crazy surprised to see this thread so dead lol. The sound on these is pretty ridicuous, they may not be as tight or fast as a sundara per say but besides that i find these to be right up there in refinment. The thing that separates these from cheaper stuff like the fiio fh3, starfields etc is it’s ability to stage, dynamics. It is so cohesive in the center since the voice is right perfectly in the middle with all the instruments anywhere from the far left to the far right. It’s just the ability to create that stage at that level is something i hadn’t heard in any cheaper iem. So far the dynamics are the highlight, just crazy impact and tightness from that remind me a bit of the focal dynamics (of course not up to standard, but some shade of focal). Tonality is great, timbre, speed, tightness, slam, control everything is pretty dang good so far. I would go as far as to call it the perfect IEM lol.

White Nozzle: basically becomes a midcentric IEM, mids are pulled forward like crazy but bass suffers alot, treble suffers too. Generally the sound becomes less cohesive, staging kinda leaves.

Green Nozzle: Mids are actually linear to possibly forward-ish, Bass impact is amazing along with it’s speed, treble is pretty decent too but nothing particularly stand out with treble. Very cohesive sound that i personally find to be an amazing balance retaining the speed, impact of the IEM.

Blue Nozzle: The most impact, speed and control but mids take a back seat. It reminds me a bit of the blon 03 where the mids are hidden behind the bass and treble but the mids are still enjoyable and the bass impact/tightness and treble impact/tightness come are at peak performance. Really special type of performance.

Both the Blue and green nozzle are enjoyable and have their strengths but the white nozzle just dosen’t feel like the way to go. Personally enjoy the green nozzle the most due to the perfect balance of forward mids, still amazing impact and control throughout the frequency response. Also the JVC is a surprisingly forgiving iem lol, even kpop zero sibilance (been running it off the Hiby R5 btw.

11 Likes

Glad to hear you’re liking them. I had mine hooked up to my FiiO UTWS1 for the longest time. That worked out well, but once I reconnected them to their cable and plugged in I remembered why I loved these so much. The dynamic impact is second only to my lcd-i4s, and it’s hard to call those traditional iems. I compared the slam to my Fostex Ebonies, but I can see the Focal comparison too. In any case, they hit on the level of a full size headphone which is pretty crazy for a $250 iem. It has me curious about their higher end wood dome iems, but there’s just not a lot of info out there on them

4 Likes

Hmmmm. I considered a tia trio type of high end iem in the future but now that u mention it, since jvc have high end IEMs those might be worth looking into after all. Yeah the dynamics and slam of the jvc are nuts, super fun!

I actually know @M0N was gonna mess with a higher end jvc iem but it’s still being dealt with in the mail. Hopefully not lost

I have a fw10000 on the way but it’s sure taking its time lol

2 Likes

Yes, that was the one I was thinking of. From what I’ve read it has a more traditional Japanese tuning. The Drop FW-1800 promises a lot, but there are also very few real reviews out there

1 Like

I’ve always liked the older jvc wood iems, and while the jp tuning is lighter and more airy it’s still really nice

1 Like

womp womp, i hope it arrives soon

does that mean that they don’t focus on dynamcs, slam as much?

No it does for sure it just means it’s less neutral

2 Likes

I’m so fucking annoyed at myself for looking at this thread again :exploding_head: The JVC FW10000 has the EXACT sound signature I am missing in an IEM (from what i am reading elsewhere about it) and now i want it. @M0N please let us know once you get it if ANYTHING cheaper sounds close to it please, and of course give us your honest opinion on it as well :hugs:

1 Like

VERY interesting

Crutchfield is selling them. If you order right now you can get them before @M0N

3 Likes