What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Interesting, I did not knew they sold that.

Lol @ “soldering required” at the end of the description. :grin:

1 Like

Yessss, very interested to hear your impressions once that brute is in your hands and hooked up to both speakers and headphones. Congratulations on the DAC and all the other little tid-bits that are being purchased in anticipation.

1 Like

Three items that arrived In the last few days. I’ve just been sooooo happy with my purchases that I wanted to show them off!

The hiby r5
The jvc ha-fdx1
The Audezee(nuts) LCD 2 prefazor. Thanks to my boi @BoomShroom

Bliss ~

26 Likes

very curious about these. Lemme know what you think.

1 Like

These old audeze’s really hold up well over time. Nice haul Jose :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Been meaning to write up some impressions, since u asked i figured this might be the best time lol

1 Like

These are the foam discs that Beyerdynamic uses in the TYGR300R and that somewhat insulate the so-called Beyer peak.

After I inserted it into my DT770, 880 - 600 ohm and 990 -600 ohm in advance to test whether the peaks in the heights can also be tamed with these headphones without affecting their other qualities.

I can say it works, that’s why I ordered these foam discs to use in my entire DT line.

10 Likes

My Tygr 300R’s just arrived.
EDIT:
Ok so well I just tried them on. I think I like the sound signature but I have only had them on for a few minutes. Compared to the X2HRs they give me a bit more pressure. Coming from a closed back gaming headset these feel much more like something I am used to from the openess part.
My ears touch the felt discs which is something I have to think about if I will get used to or not.

3 Likes

Dang son! That is some serious gear. Congrats! Been curious about the Hiby players recently. Specifically the R5 and the R3 Pro. I was looking at the JVC a while back but kinda forgot about them. Might have to put them back on the radar again.

1 Like

Duuuuuuude, JVC are legit af. Opened my eyes to the type of refinement that IEMs have, but really fun dynamic IEMs. And yeah the hiby arrived recently-ish but I bought it in prime day for 278 so pretty happy about that lol, powers the lcd 2 balanced really well. I’m impressed

2 Likes

Bottlehead Crack w/ Speedball

27 Likes

welp KPH30i in rhythm beige is back in stock on amazon so I ordered another set lol

11 Likes

Very nice. What headphones are you running off of the BHC?

1 Like

Bifrost 2 -> BHC -> HD 6XX

6 Likes

My Atom DAC has no display. So, picked up the most inexpensive DAC I could find that displays sample rates because I’m on a Amazon HD trial, and not so sure that their “Exclusive” mode is really doing anything other than raising the volume a bit not unlike “Loudness” buttons do, and then telling me that I’m playing at a higher rate - HD vs Ultra HD…
E30 pwr
The Ify psu is to power the E30 and if I read the webs correctly, I could also use it to power a Zen Dac if that were to become a thing for me.

8 Likes

Awesome sounding setup! :ok_hand:

1 Like

These came this morning - neumi BS5 and a set of micca cables.
BS5 micca
BS5 2
Got them swapped in and playing around a bit. The isolation pads I’m using may not be enough. I am thinking I need to get proper risers if I keep these on the desk, but I got a set of yoga blocks I can use while experimenting with placement.
BS5 desk

19 Likes

Very nice. Sennheiser HD650, 600, 6xx are magical on a BHC.

3 Likes

Apparently I don’t like myself this much
@brux I might be coming for a new cable… Later.

13 Likes

Not bad!
he5xx

9 Likes