What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Very nice!

I eventually would like to add one of those.

Looking forward to your impressions.

Enjoy!

3 Likes

How is the GN-Modmat holding up?

1 Like

A legit station and a legit mat

1 Like

Nice, back in the day I worked with a 3 station Pace, the desolder tool w/ vacuum is what I miss the most. Is the gun on the right vac?

Couldnā€™t find an RCA A/B switch that didnā€™t go for crazy cash or was a questionable quality so I decided to make my own. The connectors and switch should arrive within the next few days. About $50 bucks total investment. Iā€™ll share pics of the finished product.

7 Likes

Itā€™s holding up great. I love it as a work surface.

2 Likes

Yeah, the gun on the right has a vac line. Never used one before. Should come in handy while building the JDS Labs O2 Amp DIY Kit.

3 Likes

Iā€™m moving forward with building a 12x14x8 dedicated nearfield Listening room to test and evaluate my equipment and different combos of kit. This will give me the opportunity to play with room treatment, proper subwoofer placement, power, network and Ethernet mods and most importantly an area besides my office and living room to store equipment not being used and extra pieces. I need my space back and this spare room is gonna do that for mešŸ˜ˆ
It all starts with this Sanus brand 4 rack stand.

15 Likes

I got fed up with the crappy HEKv1 stock box. It looks nice but that thing held my HEKv1 in a vice-like grip; it was a tug-of-war taking the HEKv1 out from there, which canā€™t be good long-term. My friend recently obtain a HEKv2, and he has similar complaints about the stock box, so he keeps his HEKv2 in a plastic bag atop the box to prevent dust accumulating on his cans. I decided to make a storage case for my HEKv1, so I bought a yard of navy blue satin and a 9L Monolith hard case (interior space: 11.0" x 7.9" x 6.7"):

EDIT: The fit is a bit tight on the outermost edge of the headband since the HEKv1ā€™s headband is slightly wider than the Arya whose box I used as template when plucking out the foam of the Monoprice case. For the cups, the fit is perfect. An interior space of 1-2" wider than the stock ~8" would have been perfect, so Iā€™m probably going to get Monopriceā€™s Pure Outdoor case (19"x16"x8") and use this one for my HE-6 thatā€™s sitting in an aging old HE-series box (with a clasp) since the outer Ā§leather covering started peeling a long time ago.

22 Likes

Fitting case for such a beautiful setā€¦ Very well doneā€¦ You Sir get a NOICE!!!

3 Likes

FedEx left some Schiit on my porch today:

31 Likes

They have been doing that a lot lately.

Congratz! looking forward to another writeup A` la @WaveTheory style

1 Like

Thanks!

my keyboard isnā€™t! :rofl:

5 Likes

Now the Hex2 will really REALLY come alive!

2 Likes

Well, these showed up todayā€¦ only to have today be hell bent on keeping me away and pissing me the fuck offā€¦

12 Likes

28 Likes

What are they?

1 Like

Welcome to the club!

1 Like

21 Likes