What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Headphone stand arrived before my headphones! The AD900x will do for now. This stand reminds me of a bicycle seat.

15 Likes

Couldnā€™t pass it up at this price, at the very least I can use it as a pre amp with the bf2 in my living room setup :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

24 Likes

i knew at that price it was only a matter of time lol

1 Like

Same my friendā€¦too good of a deal to pass up.

4 Likes

Iā€™m still kinda stupified by this price. I havenā€™t been this dumbstruck by an audio deal since the Adorama Elegia deal.

3 Likes

It would cost me 114$ shipping plus the taxes and customs as if arrives in Germanyā€¦rip :rofl:

1 Like

It has a few limitations, but it is a great amp amp. That is less than half of what I paid and I am still very happy with my purchase.

1 Like

Holy moly thatā€™s a steal. Too bad Iā€™m broke now after my most recent purchase.

Well, I donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever need anything that expensive anyways.

1 Like

Well, that deal only lasted A short whileā€¦ great buy on the amp! :+1:

2 Likes

Even at 399, its a great deal.

1 Like

Solid AF HDMI cables. Yes, thatā€™s even a piece of plastic over the 4K UHD text protecting the (metal) enclosure. Get some blu-tac if you plug these in a small switcher/splitter, because the cables will make it move. I also canā€™t remove the connectors if I pull it (reasonably) with my hands. I donā€™t regret buying 5 of these.

Also available in red :man_shrugging:

Fun fact: This is all for a 1080p60 screen (for now). But amazon comments confirm 4K 60hz works.

6 Likes

They (Aryas) have been here for a little while, but it took a few days to get them off my head for long enough to snap a photoā€¦

27 Likes

Initial impressions of the Arya? How do they stack up to the beauty on the left?

Ifi Zen DAC, f king amazing. HE400i coming in 2 weeks, ordered and it says 3 left. Later store says out of stock. ā€˜faceplamā€™

Iā€™m using Corsair HS35 headphones soā€¦ Yeah. But Iā€™m really surprised it made such a difference.

Edit: No, I was wrong, did an AB test and it sounds almost the same.

I checked again and I realised my Equaliser APO with a headphone specific EQ is not running on my laptop jack anymore. (was not running on my zen dac during AB). So its weird that my built in soundcard is that good. Maybe the equaliser has problems? Not sure.

Welpā€¦ Iā€™ll wait for the HE400i then.

(BTW I have no experience in audiophile grade equipment)

19 Likes

Potayu Cables for the Elegia came yesterday. I, unfortunately, order a dual 2.5mm terminated one so had to buy some adapter. The cable is a little thin, but the Y split is further enough. Kilometers ahead of the stock ones, this will do while I prepare my finances for Hart Audio buy.

9 Likes

My Bottlehead Crack Speedball arrived today. I canā€™t recommend James at TheHeadAmpBuilder enough! He just did a wonderful job on the build.

33 Likes

That is the guy from Etsy?

1 Like

Rnhp arrived today, canā€™t wait to try it out

25 Likes

Yes. His etsy shop is linked below.

5 Likes

I love my Zen DAC too! are you powering it via USB or did you buy the iPower adapter to run it? I would recommend getting the separate power system. helps give it an edge that USB cannot.

1 Like