What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Who else thought of Billy Madison after reading this post?

4 Likes

Unfortunately, I cannot comment on this because I have never tested the black label.

1 Like

Nordost cables. Used pair of Red Dawn interconnects and half off sale AX Angel speaker cables.

Oh, also built my own speaker stands last week.

Had a scare where the ICs didn’t work on the recessed ports on the Hugo 2. Bought 90 degree RCA adapters/extenders and the ICs work fine now. Lots of fun. For future reference, don’t buy nordost / spring loaded ring RCA cables if you have recessed RCA ports.

Oh yea, and now the system is half built in massachusetts. Need a Nordost USB/Power cable and an integrated amp from Bricasti/Vinnie Rossi to complete it lol.

And lastly, if you have the money and want sick speakers, the Cionnsailes are only getting more impressive. Send Brian an email at Holt Hill Audio if you’re interested in them. Realllllllllllly worth a look.

14 Likes

This delicious piece of hardware came out today, it has my full interest and I’m very close to pressing the order button! :heart_eyes: :yum: :+1:

6 Likes

https://forum.hifiguides.com/t/ifis-new-neo-idsd-dac-amp/17754/9

2 Likes

John Darko (Darko audio) has a preview of it…his written site, not YT.

Am I the only one that thought this looked like an upscale crack pipe?

20 Likes

No… I thought long and hard and looked before making a comment similar to that. Also @TyroneBiggums is the judge of that around here.

4 Likes

And the October box has arrived!
It may have been my mood, given how things keep going to shit, but minor disappointments are contained within.
We shall start with this month’s artwork, Erina Nakiri from Food Wars (haven’t heard much about that one, though it’s on a consideration list). Decided against the shirt, as it’s not really my thing.

Blake may have barely lost, but she did make the button

Next is a “big” one… well, maybe it could hold all thirteen race pieces

While she may be best girl period, I don’t feel this is a well done bit of artwork for her… Get what you pay for I guess… Maybe have this magnet go on a mini-fridge in a man cave?

Card of the month? Another LOL entrant, Sona

And since apparently they are trying to make people not feel their wifu is left out, we have a RGB illuminated alarm clock… let’s see here… 2B on the back, 02 on the top, 18 on the right, and (though I’m sure I should) I don’t recognize the girl on the left.

Next we have a man any ninja lover should know all too well, along with his bell… Which may be taken if it annoys me too much. I’ll have to be careful, as those joints look pretty weak.

Finally, the last piece: the figure. While this bad ass, weather manipulating, money obsessed Straw Hat comes with a stand, she will stand all on her own.

10 Likes

Nami is life

1 Like

That is a very sexy looking device and price looks nice.

Want.

I bought paper…shoes and paper clamps.

1 Like

She must have lumbar pain.

10 Likes

PWaudio 1960s 2 wire. Came in yesterday :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Set of Townshend seismic bars to go under my KEF LS50 Metas.

1 Like

I’d diagnose her with moderate to severe lordosis.

1 Like

He1000v2 arrived today

30 Likes

I was thinking thoracic.

1 Like

Wanted to get an uprade for the bifrost2, but before I pull the trigger on something super high tier, I wanted to experiment with a different sound signature. So i landed on a Chord Qutest, purchased today.

21 Likes

Soldering Station

20 Likes