šŸ”¶ KBear Believe single DD

Coming after some time of burn inā€¦ sound is even cleaner, soundstage (depth and width)/imaging/instrument sĆ©paration/details, etc, improved. These sound perfect.
Maybe they stop the production for Being too cheap, i donā€™t know. With the tempotec idsd plus, neutral dac, it is so good.
They are so much better than everything i have in the price rangeā€¦absolute bargain.
I would have been curious to try the diamond as well

I heard they lost the supplier, a competitor outbid them or something like that. Glad I bought a set. I am also very happy with the set.

2 Likes

any idea with the competitorā€™s name?

1 Like

No, sorry, I canā€™t find or remember where I read that, but it didnā€™t mention the name, just that they got outbid.

got my set today, listening only for minutes, i can tell: wonderful. Really, really pleasant tonality. Incredible bass. Enough soundstage. Suuuch a lovely presentation. Emotional, warm, human. Reminds me of dark chocolateā€¦ with just the right amount of sweetness and cream. Yummy.

1 Like

I do have a mystery iem arriving on Monday with a Beryllium driver. I wonder if itā€™s similar to the believe. Iā€™ll post pictures when it does.

I bought my Believe last February and I think itā€™s not that good. Before you bring out your pitchfork, hear me out.

So letā€™s get the good things out of the way. I think the timbre of the Believe is great. It sounds natural for the most part and it has a not so intimate, but not too far as well, vocal presentation. I think the Believe is even better listened at a high volume, but thereā€™s a catch, and here comes the bad part.

When I got the Believe and tried it, I think thereā€™s a problem in the treble region. I canā€™t really pin point the exact frequency range, but I know that there must be a nasty peak. That problem in the treble is like a double edged sword. It makes cymbals, hi-hats and other brassy instruments sounds sparkly, but I think it makes them too highlighted than the rest, to the point where it gets kinda ear piercing. At first I thought this problem is because of the lack of burning in, so I did that.

After the burn-in, I noticed a sound difference. The mid bass tightens up and the detail improves in the lower region, but nothing changes in the treble. I let the Believe run for more time, but thereā€™s still no change. I tried tip rolling, but I donā€™t really find anything that fixes the treble problem. So, I left it sitting on my shelf collecting dust.

Last night, I saw BGGARā€™s graph database and I found the graph for Believe, and boy oh boy here is the culprit. THAT 10K REGION PEAAAAK.

For a moment I thought I was too treble sensitive because literally no one mentions that treble problem, but apparently my suspicion was right, that 10k region is a problem. Because of that, I tried to add a -5.6dB in the 8 to 10k region and everything becomes much better for me.

After the EQ, I think the Believe is a pretty capable IEM, but if I didnā€™t know that itā€™s a beryllium driver, will I keep it? I think no, I wouldnā€™t. I think the Believe kinda suffers in vocal layering and sound separation. When I listen to music with a lot of vocals or a live concert where everyone is shouting, it feels like the Believe has a hard time to separate each of the vocal sources. When I listen to a classical concert, everytime it reaches a busy passage, I think the sound becomes muddled up. I also think that the Believe is not the best in terms of subtle detail.

So in conclusion, I think the Believe is an okay IEM. Itā€™s really fun to listen to EDM, hip-hop and pop music. With a proper source, it can provide a tight and deep bass slam and a non-fatiguing listening experience (after EQ). The timbre is also a strong point for the Believe, but unfortunately it kinda suffers in sound separation and layering. I also think that it cannot properly render the subtle details of a classical or orchestral music. Since detail and layering is an important aspect for me, Iā€™ll have to say that Believe is not the one for me, but Iā€™ll still keep it tho.

Edit: The cable is a KBEAR 8 core silver plated cable and it has a Xelastec tips

Edit: Hmm now that Iā€™m reading this, maybe Iā€™m actually treble sensitive. Man Iā€™m questioning myself now.

1 Like

Hi, got them for a few times now, and i think fit is better with Final Audio type E eartips.
I just bought a 8 cores pure silver cable (not plated, balanced) from NiceHck.
I wasnā€™t convinced about how cables affect sound (for many iems it doesnā€™t matter, it affects the Reecho SG03 btw), but with these the Believe sound even more better, cleaner (better separation between bass and sub bass, better dynamics, perfectly clean bass, mids and highs)ā€¦ perfect for me. My Dac is a shanling UA2 (Zishan Z4 on way).
I like to hear all frequencies while listening music as it should sounds, and everything is there, and clean, vivid.

I use them for a few month now and always go back to them. especially for classic rock. Sound pleasing with good amount off bass, pretty good imaging.
I use an BTR5 (good pairing, matches price)