Kennerton Vali 2019

For those who might be interested, Kennerton has updated their Vali line of headphones. They are described to be lighter and with even more bass emphasis but promising more detail. They have added several new wood choices on their web site.. I haven’t heard them yet, but I’ve been following so I thought some of you might be interested also.

Kennerton-Vali-Curly-Maple
Vali-Purple-Heart

Vali Review (Old Revision)

3 Likes

3 Likes

I have been eyeing Kennerton headphones for a few months now. I took the plunge almost a month ago. My first pair is waiting for me at my post office back home, I’m dying here, I’m on the road and won’t be back for 8 days, ugh!
I started off, as usual for me, with a low end model to see what I like and dislike about it. If I like it enough there will be another…I don’t like this hobby somedays, it’s starting to put a serious drain on my bank accounts🤬

1 Like

That seems to be a common side effect lol

2 Likes

So tell me oh wise and experienced one, have you tried any of the Kennerton line? I’m not dropping the $$$ the Thror commands but I seem to really have developed a desire for the Magni.
Once I’m done with that there will be a single ZMF because dammit, i like the wood and then eventually a used HD 800s…maybe if I don’t overspend on something else.

1 Like

I don’t think I can say anything about the kennertons because I was only able to listen to their lineup briefly

1 Like

Once I upgrade my amp and DAC, I’m strongly thinking about getting these. I trust William Murdoch and he raves about 'em.

Very exciting. I have the headphones pictured in the thread on the way and I can’t wait. Did you get a Vali as well or another model? If you’re as impatient as I am, it’s gonna be a loooong 8 days. Excited for you and looking forward to hearing your thoughts on your new headphones.

1 Like

I’m tellin’ ya!

If you would have told me a year ago I’d spend $350 on a headphone, let alone $1,000 my head would have exploded in indignation. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

See my family normalized all this for me so I never found it strange lol

1 Like

Can relate. I distinctly remember maybe 1 or 2 years ago, saying to myself. “I will never spend over $1000 on a pair of headphones. Just not worth it.” Well…

1 Like

Also, I own the Vali. Slightly regret it, mostly because taking into account the exchange rate, I paid about 1200 AUD for them. They are good, but not worth that much. Should cost about half that. Would still be curious to hear the Odin and Thror, but will never buy them blind.

I fear I’m setting myself up for regret also. I figure you have to take a chance once in a while, but it might lead to a tough lesson learned. Hoping I love them though.

I will post once I have had some time to try them out. Part of the fun has been waiting in suspense for the them to arrive and then getting to try them out with different equipment to see where their strengths and weaknesses lay. I opted to start off with one of the editions of the Fischer M12’s. I made the purchase based on the William Murdoch review. I’m very much looking forward to them.

1 Like

If you listen to well-recorded rock music, they are great. They make drums sound really good, well emphasised, snappy, impactful. They are very song dependent, sometimes they sound great, sometimes they sound ok. They are quite unforgiving in that respect. They are rolled off in the treble and sub-bass and they have a peculiar sounding midrange. Not necessarily bad, just peculiar.

1 Like

That’s encouraging. Drums are the #1 characteristic I care about in a headphone, so that’s good to hear.

Ah, then you will be satisfied for sure.

1 Like

What do you guys think? I think they came out great!

5 Likes

What do YOU think of them lol? How are you feeling?

1 Like

Love the wood, hope you enjoy them. If not let me know. Personally I’m thinking of the magni next, just depends on what I feel about the M12’s once I’ve had a chance to play with them for a while. Congratulations either way, personally I think they are beautiful!

1 Like