Kennerton Vali 2019

I really like them! I got lucky. I took a chance I don’t usually take (buying something without a lot of reviews) and it worked out. I have already put away my beloved Phantoms. The percussion and bass are as good as advertised. Very detailed and I’m really enjoying the way the vocals sound. It’s like the best parts of the HE-560, Phantoms and Focal Elex rolled into one headphone.

3 Likes

The Vali sound so good and William Murdoch gave the Magni such a glowing review I was also thinking about getting them as my closed-back headphone.

Thank you so much. I went a little outside the box and I’m glad I did!

1 Like

The real question is what do you think? That is awesome. #RussiFi?

1 Like

Yeah, that’s great that you found something you really enjoy :+1:

1 Like

I really like them. Visually they are a bit more understated than I expected, but I kinda like it. In pictures, I didn’t like the grill on the cups, but in-person it makes the headphone look really nice.

They aren’t heavy. I heard some negative comments about the first revision, but I can wear these as long as I want to. I think the headband and fit are similar to the monoprice retro, with more clamp pressure and with better materials.

William Murdoch mentioned he’s going to do a first impressions video in a couple days. I’ll post it here. He’ll be a lot better at describing the sound than I am.

1 Like

Once you have had a chance to really play with them please let me know what amplifier and dac combos you are using and how they sound w/blues, classical and vocals. Their strength is supposed to lie elsewhere but I really want to know your opinion. Thank you

1 Like

I’ll give different genres a try and report back what I find. As far as Dac/Amp combo, I’m using the DX3 Pro as the DAC and the Amp is the SMSL SP200.

2 Likes

I had the first version that was available through Massdrop. I never had a problem with how they sounded, in fact I kind of liked it. But they were just god awful for comfort. That said, it looks like they addressed all of the issues I had with them in the past. The pads have been replaced, which was one of the issues with the old version. And the new simpler headband looks much better than the Frankenstein that was the old one. I would like to hear them, but I know the odds of that happening aren’t great being in the USA.

1 Like

If you’re ever in Tampa or I’m ever visiting my daughter in Lancaster, we’ll do a listening session. I’ve wanted to hear an LCD headphone. :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s one for Magni closed back…

1 Like

Appreciate the offer, afraid the LCDs are long gone. I’ve sold a lot of my collection over the last year. Was just too much stuff that I wasn’t using. Highest end I have now is DT1990s. Still have a pair of the Fidelio X2, and a pair of Fostex T60RP. Other than that I’m pretty much ChiFi IEMs all the time now.

1 Like

Sorry Neumann NDH 20, we hardly knew ye.

Steve just posted this.

*Edit - typo

1 Like

That’s the original version. I haven’t tried that but going from the initial impressions of William Murdoch (The Headphone Experience) who has tried both, he said they sound signature is similar with the older version having more bass impact but less sound stage and detail than the revised 2019 version. I’ll definitely check the review out!

wish Zeos would review some of these headphones. I dont like to buy anything till i hear his word on it

1 Like

Well, they do seem like an interesting pair. I don’t think I’ll be affording something like this anytime soon. Lol

Kennerton is the high end side of Fischer audio.

1 Like

In case anyone is interested (I am really on the fence…buy/not buy and Vali or Magni…) they have a Black Friday sale: 20% off on everything for exactly the next 23hrs and 54 min.

2 Likes
2 Likes