Kennerton Vali 2019

His review is consistent with what I’ve thought, although I haven’t heard the original Vali (he makes a lot of comparisons with the old revision). I wish he would have compared it to other more known headphones instead, but other than that, I always enjoy his reviews.

1 Like

Me too :+1:

20 +++++++++

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: Magni!!!

3 Likes

I’m excited.
Please do let us know how they sound.

1 Like

Instant reaction is very interesting. A little brighter than what I’m used to, but not too bright that I don’t enjoy them. The detail is really something. The biggest thing that struck me so far is the sound stage. Not going overboard saying they are wide, but they don’t scream “you’re wearing a closed back” like some I’ve tried. Closest thing I can compare them to from what I’ve heard is the Hifiman HE560, but a thicker sound.

1 Like

YAY!!! Finally! I really hope you enjoy them, take your time and let everything slowly break in. Congratulations on some awesome buys the past few weeks. :+1:

EDIT: Dude, seriously, the outside of the box??? Come on bro…show us the goods! :eyes:

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

I wish my damned ZMF’s would get here already…I still keep going back to wanting these…I really like the way they look! I spent 2 hours last night listening to my M12s’ and enjoying them yet thinking of the Magni’s :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: LOL. I really really hope you enjoy these!

2 Likes

Really appreciate it. Best part is the detail. Worst thing about them is the lack of cup swivel. The future Tampa listening session is going to be great!

1 Like

Fleetwood Mac on these are better than I’ve ever heard. On Dreams I could hear the blend of the voices, but I could focus on the distinct parts of each singer. Kind of phenomenal. This is the first headphone where the vocals are very up front (Elex, HD560, 6xx) that wasn’t boring for me. Very happy w/the purchase (and I better be, it’ll be the last for a while :grinning: ).

1 Like

…said so many times over, by so many of us here :rofl:

1 Like

Is it wrong that I rate my headphones based on how well it plays the bass riff on The Chain.

4 Likes

Haha. If you have to choose just one, that’s as good as it gets.

1 Like

I listened to several headphones from Kennerton and in the end decided to buy newest model Thekk for myself, sounding like Thor, but they sit more comfortably on my head and are significantly lighter. Recommend. On ebay there is a seller who sells them new, bought there, A little cheaper than on the official website and with fast free delivery. But if you don’t want to spend a lot on headphones, then go for Vali - great choice in price, sound and quality of materials

3 Likes

Do you prefer the thekk over the thror disregarding price? I haven’t heard them yet but I own the thror

Yes i prefer Thekk, i do not see the difference in sound quality and i like to travel and it is a big plus that Thekk is lighter.

2 Likes

Hello I was wondering if the m12’s are good and how would you profile them compared to theses

@KurtBalmain, the M12’s are bass light with clean vibrant midrange and highs. I enjoy female vocals on them very much. Upper mid bass over 100hz is nice and snappy. I guess you could consider them mid-centric.
I’m sorry but I did not understand what you wanted me to compare them to?
I use them mostly for Jazz and blues along with classic/vintage rock.

Sorry, if you meant compare them to the Valli I could not since I have not heard the Vali.my opinion is that in the $350-400 price range I both own better overall headphones and there are other models available that provide a more complete sound than these.
For example the HiFiman Sundara, the drop HD6xx I find “better” for less money. The M12’s do look real nice though and I prefer them more than other HP’s I own because of that and keep them on my desk rather than on my rack. They are very comfortable and easy to power.
I have no regrets purchasing them and I use my EQ to bump up the bottom end just enough to give me the sound I want out of them.

Lastly, I use them with my monoprice liquid spark Which they sound nice with. The amp Has a nice warm SQ which tames the highs on the M12’s and warms them up just right