Klipsch owners thread

I only see women on those short kinda arrangements, usually not longer than one night.

Anyone using tubes or tube pre-amps with Klipsch?

1 Like

I use a Nobsound 6-P1 with some Klipsch RP-150M’s and I really enjoy the sound. I live in Texas so it gets hotter than hell here, so during the day I use a SMSL SA-50 to keep things cool. You better believe that the tubes come out to play when the sun goes down.

Guys from New Record Day have posted some vids here about modding the RP600Ms. Looks interesting. They will give listening impressions next week, but videos (3 parts) with the acutual work have been uploaded. Last one here:

1 Like

I have been following with interest and gusto…

I have the RP-6000f and am searching for an inexpensive amp to go with them. Has anyone tried pairing them with the Denon PMA-600NE? Or another amp in the $400-500 range?

The 600ne is pretty awesome for the price, can definitely recommend

Finally bought a new amp for the RP600Ms myself - a used Marantz PM6006 is on its way. For 250 euros seems like a solid deal.

2 Likes

I have the r-15m’s and was thinking of taking them back for a used pair of rp400m for $269. Is that too big for a small room? I don’t blast my music.

How small is a small room, what are the measurements?

Also, what is your room like, do you have bookshelves, windows, acoustic cladding?

9ft across, 10ft front to back. In the back a spot that extends 3ft back. It’s about 3ft back and about 3ft wide, right by a closet that take up the rest of the back that is 3ft deep. Ceiling 8 1/2 feet with one window, and a 5ft dresser.

Those speakers will work fine in your room,As far as size is concerned, just keep the ones you prefer the sound of. Happy listening.

1 Like

Thanks for the help. I started to hear so much about the rp series being entirely different and better, than the the r series. So I got to make the move on this upgrade…lol! Here we go again!

1 Like

I hope to hear your feedback, enjoy!

Yes most definitely!

That’s fine, you don’t want the speakers right up against the wall, give them at least a foot or two behind them and make sure there aren’t spots that will trap bass on either side, otherwise the speakers will sound weird on either side.

Felix

1 Like

What amp did you end up with? I am also planning to buy the 6000f and currently looking for an amp. Was thinking of schiit aegir/vidar or outlaw audio 2160. Anybody has an amp to recommend?

The outlaw is really nice, can recommend. I also like a parasound newclassic 200 integrated, but if you can you could get a NewClassic 2125 v.2 and a nice preamp

Are there any sound signature/traits you are looking for in your setup? For example, I wanted to round off and warm up my Klipsch towers a little bit and a tube amp seemed to help quite a bit. Now it sounds sweet and can handle dynamic music as well.

1 Like

Yes a warm amp is what I am looking for as I hear that the klipsch are a bit bright

The older Klipsch are bright, but the new Klipsch really aren’t bad, they have gone to a more warmer and fun sound compared to their past brighter and more analytical sound

1 Like