Klipsch owners thread

Which is better? The new classic 200 or the 2250v2? They are around the same price

The 2125 v.2 should be less, you would pair it with something like a schiit saga + if you wanted warmth

What can you say are the differences between the newclassic 200 and the outlaw 2160?

The outlaw and parasound are actually both pretty neutral, solid amps. I think the parasound is a bit warmer sounding and slightly relaxed where the outlaw is a harsher amp

Thanks for entertaining all my questions! :grin: I just want to get all the info before pulling the trigger… What other options can you recommend for speakers instead of the klipsch 6000f?

Are you checking out the 6000f in a shop or online? Were you able to audition them yet?

Klipsch RP-260F would be my opinion, I believe it’s quite similar sounding.

Felix

Just online. There are no audio shops near where I live.

They kinda changed their sound with the 6000f

Is their any reason why I should keep the r15m with the rp400m?

what do you think about the klipsch 8000f with the newclassic 2250v2 and denafrips ares? will they pair well together?

The Ares will because its a more musical amp thats pairing with the Klipsch’s horn sound, not sure about the neoclassic though.

Felix

You would still want some sort of preamp or volume control but that sounds pretty great

What do you think about this amp and/or preamp combo compared to the parasound?

Yamaha A-S701 Integrated Amplifier

Yamaha CD-S300 CD Player

Audio-Technica AT-LP7 Turntable / Ortofon 2M Blue

Shiit Mani Phono Preamp

Shiit Modi 3 D/A Converter

Chromecast Audio running optical through Shiit Modi 3

Klipsch RP-600M Bookshelf Speakers

Pangea Audio DS400 Speaker Stands (filled)

SVS SB-2000 12 inch Subwoofer

Listen to Vinyl and CDs of course… Also stream Qobuz with the Chromecast Audio through the Shiit Modi 3. The Yamaha Integrated, RP-600Ms and the SB-2000 are really nice combination… Dynamic and lots of detail top to bottom.

4 Likes

The rp400m sound alot better then the r15m, but now I got a receiver issue. It just doesn’t end.

Nice setup!

By the way - how much does the sub help/benefit the RP600Ms? Mine sound quite bassy even without as sub :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you. I agree, the RP-600Ms have good bass when they are driven louder. I have the SB-2000 adjusted to fill in and not overpower. It can go down to 19Hz! So it reaches where the 600Ms can’t.

19Hz :smiley: now thats low. Personally I have always dreamt about a REL subwoofer.

4 Likes

I’d really like to audition Cornwalls and/Heresys. I feel like I’ve heard Klipsch in the past but as I’m looking for endgame speakers I’m curious as to whether I’d like them.