▶ Klipsch RP600m

Dorm room eh…you sure you don’t want a party system and prefer to drag around really high end equipment where beer oggled eyes and sticky fingers will be touching and poking your buttons?

haha I understand your point but I already have my little party system, I’m not very sociable so I sure as hell won’t be having many people in my room, and there will certainly be no one getting drunk in my room

1 Like

i assume you have read all the equipment M0N owns and you already know what he is familiar with, then read mine. Then Give us a budget, and we can help you spend it. Having said this, i like the RP600’s and assure you they will fill a medium room with sound and good bass. Full sized klipsch towers even more so and you won’t need a sub. They are also high sensitivity speakers. I was running a pair last night w/ 15wpc and filling the large living room w/sound, full rich sound… They can run lean or rich depending on the series you get. I’ll recommend whichever klipsch you want just need numbers. I’m a fan boy and have listened to most of them for many hours at different shops. I have my favorites but they all sound a bit different

Well mu budget will be about $4500. With that, I know I want to get both the rp600m and the Denafrips ARES II DAC.
Together, they both come to like $1200-$1300ish. That would leave $2200 for an amp, a pre amp and maybe a subwoofer.
OR
I could spend more on speakers, that still have the same rough sound signature and authority as the RP-600m, and less on the amp and pre amp. I don’t mind if the amp and pre amp are integrated, but, if they aren’t, I would like at least one of them to have tubes so I can still get that tube Klipsch combo.

1 Like

The full sized R and RP series will be bottom end bass heavy, with a kind of deep dark midrange, they pull sound back around the center with great soundstage and work wonderfully w/ HT and can be tuned to play to your hearts desire but are not reference sound audiophile loudspeakers. They sound great they just don’t produce music to the audiophile taste running raw. I listen to mine all the time with music and they have a very lush, deep sound sig that i would call warm. I’ve never had an issue with the high end and i guess you could say the sig is a V shape. If you are a bass lover you will enjoy the boom and bloom, otherwise as an audiophile you would probably poo-poo them. Please note this is my OPINION but what my ears hear and based on extensive reading about audiophile sounds and enjoyment via the internet.
The heritage series would bust your budget but run leaner with a more forward sound and cleaner midrange and much more detailed highs. The Heresy need a sub, the bigger ones not really, Still a great fun sound but much more audiophile approved overall. The bookshelves are the speakers folks give leeway to and tend to purchase for both music and HT use in smaller spaces, They lack the double woofers and don’t have the bottom end bloom like their bigger R and RP series brethren.

I think something similar signature or goal actually would be the Polk legend l200, I would look into them if you wanted another bookshelf. I think if you are in love with the rp600m sound, the 8000f is worth, but I do think you could get a better quality speaker for that money

It really depends on which heritage, I would definitely say something like the cornwalls and la Scala don’t need a sub

Agreed, i say leaner in reference to the type of bass the RP and R series produce.

Ah gotcha gotcha

In all honesty, a dorm room or most rooms in general will not be larger than 16’ by 20’, and that tends to be a pretty good sized room. A Shiit Freya+ will give plenty of pre-amp options. And then any number of used SS newer or vinatge amplifiers would fill the role nicely. This would be a quality system that can be tuned depending on mood. Considering he uses the Denafrips DAC or similar budget

In conjucnction with using a 600. Also i liked the idea of going hands on and modding them. I think this would be a really cool and good sounding system…

I think we prefer the same sort of sound signature. I want my music to be, well, musical. I like lively and something that draws you in. Powerful and authoritative.
Pure to source equipment that ‘real audiophiles listen to’, to me seem not engaging enough and lacking in excitement.
Of course I like detail and for music to sound real, but I also want warmth. That’s why I like the combo of tubes and Klipsch.
I do watch many movies and TV shows, but any audio setup I have is built for primarily music, Hopefully this setup that I am looking into now will be solely for music, so all parts should be geared towards that.

1 Like

Yeah I can’t wait to mod them, A friend has put no Rez in his, but I will be adding a crossover as well.
People do tend to recommend the Freya, but if I’m honest I’m not looking for any Schiit gear, I’m not a big fan and was let down by the magni.
Thanks for the recommendation and do please keep them coming whilst I look into stuff.
@M0N has recommended the audio research LS15 pre amp and the First Watt J2 power amp.
This looks to me to be a very nice setup if I can get good deals, but in the mean time I will look at other gear as the grind never stops aha

1 Like

Dude, you live in England, home to Harbeth, Falcon, Sugden and a few more major high end players with availability. Is there anything within a reasonable day trip you can go audition?

There HAS to be a vintage or “new”, high end store somewhere? Right?

2 Likes

Fucking harbeth, do it lol

2 Likes

Yeah England is small so we lose our sense of travel. People are annoyed in the UK if their travel to work is more than 45 minutes. I have to personally go almost 3 hours for my tattoos and It feels like ages.
Apparently people drive for the whole day in the US, could never be done here, the furthest drive possible is about 10 hours in the UK.
There are plenty of shops about an hour and from me in London. I could visit any of those brands pretty easily

1 Like

Seriously, brother, save your cash, go to a store and bundle a package, haggle a tiny bit and get a kick ass system we have to scoure the country for here🤣

It seems as if I don’t know how lucky I am, I’ll have a look about. Thanks!

1 Like

Oh yeah, add the biggest most expensive REL you can afford, even if you have to save more money later…you won’t be disappointed…hehehehe :sunglasses:

haha, we’ll see.
Now I need to start saving, I won’t be getting a setup like this at least for a good 2 years, depending on what my university loan looks like haha

Do well in school so that you can afterwards afford whatever your heart desires. Happy listening, work hard now so you can enjoy whatever later!

1 Like