▶ Klipsch The Fives

Man, the HDMI-ARC made this so simple :smiley: Nice!

Plug & Play, cannot be much easier unless someone does the physical connection and you just play.

1 Like

So, looking for a pair of speakers for a large kitchen / bar set up in my house. Was thinking these guys.

Why?

Powered Monitors.
The wood finish matches my furniture.
They get some pretty good reviews.
Bluetooth.

Are there any other powered monitors in this range, with a wood finish that would be better value for money? Aesthetics are pretty important here.

Also, when it comes to these speakers, Bluetooth is nice, but I can hook up a Chromecast Audio Puck to a DAC and feed the speakers the signal from ROON…which opens me up to other powered monitor choices. I’d prefer to spend less than $800, but if it is what it is…its fine.

Could take a look at Ruark?..

https://www.ruarkaudio.com/products/mr1-bluetooth-speaker-system

I’m impressed with how much positive attention these are getting. The “Sixes” got many mixed reviews had more power a bigger driver and was $100 cheaper than the newer but smaller “Fives”.

I guess they have been able to improve the performance through DSP and added input functionality over the prior gen. I was skeptical at first… To someone looking for an all around solution that is ok with midfi or sound bar replacement this likely will fit the bill… Likely desktop or a small room are the best application of these speakers.

1 Like

DSP magic (and wonderful magic it is) is what make The Fives go. Man those are kick ass speakers.

1 Like

Have anyone try the “Bass Cut” Mode with the recent Firmware Update? Like How do you enter and exit the Mode ?

Are these Speaker overkill / bad for Nearfield Desk setup?

Yeah, it’s the most accurate mode actually. It’s more like the Bass Cut mode is actually neutral and the first two are bass boosted.

You hold down the Sub button on the remote for a few seconds to change modes. The Bass Cut mode has to be added via firmware which was a pain for me. Updating via the app didn’t work so I had to do it via USB and it turned out to be super picky about which stick would take it.