Korean Music List

how old r u btw? im used to younger people here lol

Im 25, lol. I called myself oldschool because I was grown in a small town with old values, actually I may be new school :thinking:

Back to the rap

2 Likes

ur def new school lol. my momโ€™s over 50. alot of those older people tended to be a bit rude toward asians and call them all chinese. because sheโ€™s older tho i understand lol. also epik high noice. I actually have their full discog honestly super solid stuff. u got solid taste in music haha. if u havent heard already check this song out for hip hop

2 Likes

leessang is dope af, discovered him(they?) yesterday on this thread, listening to library of the soul album rn, letโ€™s keep the great recommendations coming.

1 Like

yeah bro super solid stuff. i have their entire discog too lol. honestly their earlier albums are more hiphop oriented and newer ones have more blues but they still keep the similiar sound. also itโ€™s a duo but literally almost all their songs they have features. super old skool hip hop style. also i try to recommend 1 song per day max so that people donโ€™t get overwhelmed so ill post 1 more today lol.

3 Likes

Hereโ€™s another artist i found recently, good indie singer! Fun slice of life vibe ๋˜ ์ตœ๊ทผ์— ์ฐพ์€ ๊ฐ€์ˆ˜~ ์น˜์ธ ๋‹˜์˜ ์Œ์•… ๋” ์•Œ์•„๋ณด๋ ค๊ณ  ํ•ด ใ…‹

1 Like

I think itโ€™s the trot-inspired style with pitch-bending and repetitive rhythm. Since Orange Caramel is no longer producing new songs Iโ€™m on the lookout for groups that are mixing trot and pop styles. I wouldnโ€™t be surprised if both of these were inspired by Orange Caramel.

Chocome is a subunit of WJSN (aka Cosmic Girls)

Byulzzi debuted with this song earlier this year

1 Like

The cheeze song was great, mellow but energetic.

@nxtzh the more you know, ty. I did find chocomeโ€™s song and video reminiscent of orange caramel, the kick drums make me wanna jump. i liked it better than Byulzziโ€™s.

Youtube has been suggesting this artist to me, worth, big 80โ€™s vibe on most songs.

3 Likes

Yukika is interesting because sheโ€™s a Japanese artist singing pop city type of music in korean lol. Sheโ€™s interesting to have around for sure

I guess continuing the city pop train hereโ€™s
Stella Jang

2 Likes

Heres one of the fastest rappers in korea, outsider:

3 Likes

IUโ€ฆ Beautiful:

Loveโ€ฆ

4 Likes

Most recent come back from Taeyeon a bit of a legendary Korean artist, former kpop star. The song speaks for itself however! Lovely voice

3 Likes
2 Likes

SICK video and interesting song! not the type of stuff i usually hear but i def enjoyed this and found it quite interesting! specially from a korean artist!

2 Likes

Iโ€™ll have to counter it with something weird of my own!

2 Likes

damn, that was funky

1 Like

those dudes have it going on lol. Also, one of the reaons that i listen to a fair bit of korean music is because they got that funk and soul down

This one isnโ€™t super recent but LEENALCHI has an unusual combination of pansori with more modern musical styles. Also, more bands should have two bassists!

The lyrics are part of a traditional pansori story called Sugungga. Pansori (Korean folk opera) is normally performed by one narrator/singer and one drummer like this (also from Sugungga).

2 Likes

4 Likes