đŸ”¶ KOSS ESP/95x

I would say so, but they don’t have a more meaty sound then the t5p. They are fairly full compared to other estats, and right now the price is great, so I would say to give them a try for sure

That is my fear. I respect the clarity of the T5p.2’s, especially after I haven’t used them in a while. But I don’t love them like my Grado’s or even my Meze 99’s.
I goose the bass on my Grado’s and Beyer’s using my Schiit Loki which really adds to my enjoyment of them. I am guessing Koss would need the same.

Shane D

Yeah, the koss have pretty nice extension, but you may want to boost the bass a bit if you like that. They just don’t have the physical impact if some other headphones, but that being said, I don’t think they are bass light and I do listen to some bass heavy music on it and still enjoy it

With my preferences for music and gear, do you think I’d enjoy them? And I don’t listen loud. I find the T5p.2’s a little “sterile”, if that’s the right word. Would these be in the same range?

The quality problems concern me and seem to be ongoing. Sending it back forth from Canada will not be cheap. And my landed cost with the sale price is about $650.00. I can get used Elex’s here for about $700.00, which I am also very curious about.

Shane D

Hmmm. I would actually like the elex better because you can put them on a warmer amp and get better warmth, so actually I would suggest the elex if it’s that price

And I currently have five amps sitting around.:grin:
Although I am trying to move the FiiO A5.

I just wish I could try out the Koss. Hate to spend that kind of money and go “meh”.

The Elex sounds like it might be a good companion to my Grado’s. I like having a choice of 'phones and amps to keep things fresh.

Shane D

I would also say the elex is actually more detailed as well. I just think it’s a sound you might appreciate more

Thanks for your input. I will keep thinking about it.

Shane D

I meant to reply earlier, but these pads are great and make a big difference in comfort while retaining the sound. I always use Dekoni iEM tips, but these are the first pads I’ve bought and I will keep you in mind for all my future needs. Keep up the great work!

I made pitches to three guys on Canuck Audio Mart for Elex’s and Cascades with no luck. Might just have to try Electrostats.:grinning:

Shane D

None of them will give you a good price? That’s surprising

Well I hope you enjoy the estats then :+1:

Everybody has their own way of doing things. I am curious about the estats and I will just try not to think about the loss if I don’t like them.:slightly_smiling_face:

Shane D

1 Like

Sweet! Glad you like them.

Canadians aren’t big into negotiating
not like you are in the US.

1 Like

We’ll soon find out. My car was in the shop today for servicing. I told myself that if there were no big surprises, I would make a decision.
Car bill was “only” $536.00.:astonished:

Ordered E95X Koss set today.

Shane D

1 Like

Nice, hope you enjoy it :+1:

You and me both!:laughing:

Shane D

I run into this problem so much.

Well I didn’t know about this until now lol

Lol yeah. There are a lot of quirks about canadians that aren’t really well known outside the national image. Especially when it comes to business.

2 Likes