đŸ”¶ KOSS ESP/95x

Alright, well I decided to order the 95x. Honestly it’s mostly of a “I have to know
” type of feeling with an expectation that it won’t be incredibly impressive. I’m sure they are GREAT, but every headphone I own I feel are GREAT
 so it’s a bit like “how many great headphones do you really need?” lol.
But I need to know
 I have not been able to stop thinking about it. I also take the point of having the Loki in the chain really helping with things too, but I’ll try them vanilla first.

6 Likes

Ha, I did the same thing an hour ago for the same exact reasons. :muscle:

4 Likes

I can’t imagine a scenario where you guys won’t be happy with them. I like them most off of my Airist R2R, but they sound good regardless.

3 Likes

I did not jump on them the first day of the sale and then figured it was too late. I’m happy to hear opinions of them are so favorable. @ the current price it was too good to pass up and I would be kicking myself for months if I didn’t purchase. who needs food, clothes and essentials anyway
pffftttt

They weigh next to nothing, and the pads are ok but a little unrefined. You can order replacement pads for $5 (!!!) from Koss’s website, but I grabbed the Dekoni Fenestrated Sheepskin pads for them and they make them a lot more comfortable. They were pretty comfy to start, but the velour is a bit itchy

2 Likes

Yeah it’s comfy but the build is on the cheaper side, but they do have a lifetime warranty from koss

1 Like

Where did you get the Dekoni pads from, i can’t seem to find them, please.

Drop had them a few weeks back. I want to say I paid $65?

1 Like

They’re available on Dekoni’s site here https://dekoniaudio.com/product/dekoni-audio-elite-fenestrated-sheepskin-for-the-koss-95x/

1 Like

Found them, dammit my $25 off coupon now doesn’t work :triumph:
it’s always something

I went from:

1. Didn’t like them at first
  2. Two hours in and they were Amazing! So much detail
  3. Five hours and end of session. Very impressive, especially for jazz. Sounding weak on the rock. Needs a little more bass, a little more high end and a little more body/soul/heart/whatever you want to call it.

Plug in my Loki on a Sunday, EQ like crazy and never look back.

I finally found a good partner for my SMSL SP200 and it is the first time in days that I haven’t been wanting to put the E95X back on.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Found this guy. So I will use this to play with EQ. =)

2 Likes

Holy crap! I would just screw things up with that. 4 bands is pretty idiot proof.:grinning:

Going to try it plain first, but I dug this out of my closet for the occasion when I want to start playing with it. I think the Loki is probably a bit better in terms of noise it’ll add to the signal, though. If I like how EQ plays with it, then may consider picking one up.

You will be impressed with the stock sound for a while. I EQ them like crazy. I have never raised all four bands before. As I mentioned before, it is probably like playing a TV on its most saturated setting.

Interested to hear your before and after. As I learn constantly, we all hear differently.

1 Like

which headphone was it?

I posted my thoughts on these wonderful headphones here:

One thing i’m surprised not mentioned here is the immersion these headphones give. and i think its the size of the drivers that gives this.

My cheapie, the Senn HD58X.

Yeah, I remember reading yours too. =)
One of the reasons I’ve been interested in them.

if you can get a listen to some sound lab 'stats, you may change your mind about timbre. my clearest memory is the model A1 that i heard last in the 90s. except for the humongous pair i heard at THE Show Newport about 2014.

they towered over us and i didn’t think that there would be any possible accuracy of scale. a solo guitar was played and omg, it sounded like a solo guitar in size and timbre. how that is done with such a large transducer is beyond me. be prepared for relatively high pricing but realize that the value is commensurate with price with these speakers.

hifitommy

2 Likes