🔶 Koss KPH 40 Utility

It’s a 2.5 to 3.5 cable. I believe the 2.5 end is what connects to the y-split coming from the phones.

probably worth a shot. What Zeos showed in the video was different. I’ll find out when mine gets here. Having koss headphones on the same gear as my Ab1266 is going to be amusing.

I will be interested to know how it works out

1 Like

You can see that the 2.5mm part is only TRS, so single ended.
Maybe it would be easy to mod, just cutting the end of the y-split and re-wiring it? I don’t know. But then, what is the point of balancing this this? I don’t think it ever benefits of balanced connection, does it?

Anyway, what would be a REALLY good move from Koss would be making it a aula le for EU, not like the kph30i :roll_eyes:

No you can clearly see that the connector has TRRS, so it’s either balanced or for microphone connection.

AS USUAL USA ONLY! Remember, there’s like 8 billion people are living outside the USA…

5 Likes

Personally, i don’t mind if its balanced or not, but having a detachable cable would be great for 2 main reason

1. Repairblity - if the cable tears, not a problem - swap it out, this new connector is still a pain in the ass
  2. Using wireless adapters - using 2.5 or 3.5 jacks on either side would let you hook up wireless adapters like TRN or FIIO TWS adapters

PS i also agree that the US shipping only is BS

Just wait for the Drop version. I always bought my Koss headphones there and it took about 2 weeks

i doubt there will be one anytime soon, koss probably knows this will sell fairly well so why split the profit with drop when they can wait a few months (maybe more) till they sell a few to drop

I would just get the KSC75 or KPH30i in the meantime if you don’t have them already. Or are you in a rush to get those KPH40?

No rush, and ive got one of each so I’m set :smiley:
that’s why I didn’t bitch about in my own post just said that it was unlikely for drop to sell them as well

I recently got a headband for my KSC75 and a new set of yaxi pads which make them look very similar to the KPH40. I wonder if my Yaxi Pads would fit KPH40 too. I’ll definietly get a pair when they’re available

probablly, the KPH 40’s pad are smaller so makes sense that it would fit just fine, and if zeos is right, you don’t even need them

Yeah probably not but I want orange pads on them xD

There is? Why does that matter?

If you can, find out who can ship them to you from the US.

Everyone needs the ksc75 anyway. Get them and be happy.

2 Likes

As @juliangst said it does appear to be trrs, but whether it’s for balanced or microphone I guess we will only know once someone tests it out.

I have the KSC75 w/ Yaxis on that same headband.

Soooo, I was doing it wrong and should have put on some cheap Sporta Pro drivers on that headband instead? :thinking:

2 Likes

Ordered 40’s from Amazon yesterday, should have them Thursday or Friday. Can’t wait to compare them to my 30i Yaxi’s and 30i Grado Ultras.

Once the comparisons are done I might MMCX mod them or the Ultras.

1 Like

Oh boy did my ksc75 sound better after a balanced recabling.

1 Like