Koss KPH30i or KSC75 or Porta Pros?

the beige PP is on it’s way from Japan…

KSC75 with Yaxi are my favorite

4 Likes

Any changes in sound with the yaxi pads on the KSC75?

OK so I am intrigued enough to buy the KPH30’s. But, can’t get them easily in the UK - what are my options?

You can get the KPH30iw on Amazon. They’re the same, just white. Otherwise, just import them, it’ll cost you about £10 in fees if you get them delivered by regular mail.

1 Like

disclaimer: I could not get enough pressure with the standard pads - the fit was to loose
now it´s fine

If the gigantic staging got improved…
it was not needed, at all though love it!
“Money for nothing” sounds huge …
“cigarettes after sex” sounds like… chilled and intimate
“the one that got away” by Alice Kristiansen is still sibilant - it´s the recording … all good
“Someday we´ll Know” by the New Radicals is not peaky…
“Radium” by Edit Select … the deep and hard Beat does not bloat in the airy evolving background
what can I say … love the 75s

the low end is now more prominent - mainly cause of the better “seal”
not sure about the mids
the upper end got tamed down a smidge

4 Likes

Thank you! Seems to be available to import from Austria for not awful money.

1 Like

That sounds like something I really want to try now! I always wanted a little extra bass with these.

1 Like

Pics look sick! I got the same color way Yaxis I bought directly from e-earphone in Tokyo during my tour there, unfortunately I didn’t get those freebies, bummer! Also no Rhythm Beige available perhaps for all retail stores? Rockin’ the same KSC75 set and dark grey KPH30i instead, hoping to swap my Red+Blue Yaxi on them next.

BTW Something I’ve been looking for is pairing my KSC75 and KPH30i with a budget dac/amp combo. Any recommendations? Do you use one with yours?

1 Like

I use Fio BTR3, Earstudio ES100 and ifi xDSD

stationary the RME ADI 2 DAC and THX AAA 789

Maybe you can look for the Fiio K5 pro for budget, it’s very good

I have as backup the Fiio Q1 II- you can get them used for 60-80

I am with you

I plugged my kph30i into my xd05+ yesterday and it made me question everything lol its surprisingly good… xd05+ is overkill though lol

2 Likes

The koss scale pretty well lol

1 Like

I felt pretty silly doing it but do not regret it and will do it again lol

I’m just going to say I use my koss on some pretty high end stuff lol, sounds great :+1:

4 Likes

This comes to mind :joy:

2 Likes

The green light makes them look like alien or outer space headphones. :open_mouth:

it is a fantastic photo lol I’ll get to try the 75’s soon :+1:

1 Like

which makes me think even the ifi zen dac would be slightly overkill too as well, should I jump down to dac-x6 or k3? I’m using laptop on board currently.

I only really have experience with the xd05+ but my question would be are you using other headphones as well with the amp?

I think Koss is the most power-hungry I have hence why I’m curious for an entry-level dac/amp. Rest are Pro 82, Blon B8, and KZ iem. I also have a 2.1 logitech speaker set that I rarely use, now they’re glorified headphone extender through the remote lol.

1 Like