đŸ”¶ Koss KPH30i

3 Likes

Well guys, my bestfriend who is looking for headphones that is better than his current one, I got him! Now he is intrigued to get a Koss KPH30i since he got curious and intrigued on what I said about it.

One of us, you’re one of us my pal.

1 Like

Best $30 Ever.

6 Likes

can u link a guide to the 2 pin mod?

1 Like

You know what? since there are some folks here saying that I should have an another pair of these? Fuck it! I am going to get an another one! But this time, it will be the Clears.

Please save me, I have fallen too far in this Koss rabbit hole.

4 Likes
1 Like

much obliged

1 Like

The Clears are finally available in UK!

Has anyone compared over this time that the Clears and the Original really sound different? And are the Clears truly an improvement?

1 Like

Yes, the bass is less bloated since the foam behind the drivers is gone.

how are these compared to the samson sr850?

Just got the Clears today, and it literally took me 3 songs with good sound stage to tell the difference from the originals. Comparisons were taken on non-modified pairs of Clears and Originals.

To explain the difference very briefly:

Notice the wing shape and the distance between the wings.

So the KPH30i Clear:

1. Width +0.5
  2. Soundstage +1 (sphere-shaped vs the original plane-shaped)
  3. Imaging +1
  4. Treble clarity +1
  5. Mid-bass +0.25
  6. Sub-bass -0.25
  7. Frequency separation +2 (Bleeding -2)
  8. Sibilant +0.25
  9. Vocal retrieval +0.25
  10. Forwardness +0.5
  11. Crispiness +1

The listening experience feels that the sound stage had extended from your jawline outwards (lower-right and lower-left), at the same time from the tip of your ears outwards (upper-right and upper-left). Imagine listening to music on two vertical flat pieces of film placed right outside of your ears (original KPH30i) then someone concaved the center of the film outwards (KPH30i Clear). Everything sounds a bit more rounded but with additional clarity.

That’s why I used the TIE Fighter vs. TIE Interceptor allegory. :sunglasses:

Tracks used for testing:
Anton Kuertz - The Jungle Issue
Deftone - Sushi Takeout
Harvey Sutherland - New Paradise
Spazzkid - Truly (feat. Sarah Bonito)
DSF, Double Touch - Feléa
Armando Young - Loved Ones (Saudades)
Louis Benedetti & Selan - Reflection

7 Likes

Great, now I just need Koss to come out with their TIE Defender

4 Likes

This are the pads you want
 oh my they are nice
 Still don’t quite reach my head behind my ear but they are so soft they resolve all the clamp issues for my big old head. Amazon.com

1 Like

Well fuck, now I am more convinced to get the Clear versions even though I already have the Beige version of it. Goddammit! I blame all of you people who let me descended in this Koss rabbit hole back then! There are just days I just
not even using my other headphones anymore since the headphones that I have on my ear would be both the KPH30is or the KSC75s like almost all the time!

This is like my personal heaven-hell right now, please help.

Just take them foams out for free if you’d like.

I would but, I don’t have replacement pads for it yet and I am not sure when the stocks of Yaxi pads would be back. Though come to think of it, if I want to save up more I would do that but since the Koss KPH30i is a bit fragile in terms of build, I don’t see anything wrong owning an another pair as a backup.

I’m not sure if the driver is any different, but comparing the back of the boxes of both sets it seems that the driver chassis is assembled differently. Zeos did say it seems that Koss only took out the foam, but the chassis rearrangement might also have something to do with the signature change.

Like how both boxes states “Rugged cable system” 
 although my Koss trio (porta pro, kph30i and ksc75) has not failed on me yet, but i do feel i need to take extra care due to their thin and flimsy feeling cable

Welp that is marketing for you, for you cannot simply accept things that you see on products as absolute fact more like testimonials. But I could say the cable of mine has not been damaged yet so far, as long as you are careful with yours of course.

There will be a time that I am going to give mine the an MMCX or 2pin treatment for these.

I’m a member.

Bought one on a whim for my wife since she’s always attached to Meh ear buds. She’s fundamentally against in ears which rules out so much of the better sounding cheap stuff.

Well four times today she’s run over saying wow listen to how good this song sounds, so much better than the ear buds. I have to say, I’m shocked how good they are given the $20 dollar expectation.

1 Like