đŸ”¶ Koss KPH30i

Well, I am enjoying my set throughout the week since I bought it, but alas it didn’t last long. For my dumbass self accidentally sat on mine and the hinges that holds the drivers snapped, much to my dismay.

As a temporary fix, I pretty much taped the broken part to be a headphone again, it works but the look of my headphones are the ones now that you shouldn’t take outside. I would want this to get replaced or use the Limited Lifetime warranty from these but I am afraid there is no Koss branch in the country I am living in, so I am pretty much out of luck. Hey at least it’s still works but just looks weird now.

Oof that sucks. At least it will save you from the disappointment of the headband randomly snapping there when you’re putting them on 2-3 months down to road. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just got the “SODIAL” G cush replacement pads for my Grado SR60e. On the Grado it’s a monster.

On the KPH30i is great, but better on the Grado
 I mean, for the price (paid 4 EUR for the pads) it made a miracle (at least a huge smile on my face).

Or I could just glue gun it in order to make it stable, since taping it to the brim is more of a temporary fix. I mean I could just get an another pair if I wanted to.

Quick question, how old is the driver?
The overall design of the headphone looks straight out of the 80-90s so I was wondering how old is the driver

the design is retro but the model actually came out only a few years ago

so basicly a revision of the retro model?
I wonder how good was the OG model :smiley:

i don’t think they’re a revision of any model, it’s just that they decided to go with a retro slightly hipster look

The driver itself is a design dating as far back as the 80s. It’s the same one used in the Porta Pro. The actual headphone was released in 2017.

You have some balls to do that. I could never take these outside, these are indoor headphones for me.

I saw they’re on sale on Amazon for $19.99, I won’t even think about it, I’ll order them today!

Should I also order one of those Grado pads to make them the KPH30i ULTRA as Zeos did on his video?

1 Like

Same here! You won’t regret that purchase. I just got mine yesterday and they are somehow better than I expected, even after watching Zeos video and seeing all the hype around these.

1 Like

The best thing about the KPH Porta75s is they’re incredibly moddable. So if there’s something you don’t like about the sound, it’s really easy to customise it.

Guys, if you are one of the people who just got their KPH30is brand new, please don’t be like me. I accidentally sat on mine therefore the clamping and proper ergonomics on my head that I get from mine are gone.

I can only basically adjust the left side, and no longer the right side since it is permanently attached since I super glued it so that I can just use it again. Welp, not much longer since I am waiting for my new set.

Can’t wait for mine to arrive!

Listening to Yosi Horikawa for the first time with my 30i Ultras (G cushions with inner driver backing foam removed).

Holy crap the sound I am getting from $30-40 headphones/mods from my LG G7+ is ridiculous.

I am tempted to do a MMCX connector mod so I can use my nicer IEM cables as a make work project, but at present I am in no hurry.

1 Like

Yeah, Yosi will get your attention, lol.

//tuning:

6 Likes

So I’m still Team Yaxi here. The first “tutorial” I saw and sort of followed had my oafish-ass breaking clips. Not the end of the world, glue fixes all things. My personal opinion on the stock pads is that I will never use them again, ever ever ever.

So - start by carefully or not-so-carefully ripping out the stock pads. Then the full face of the clips are accessible, using a knife for clip pivoting and a fine flathead screwdriver for light prying, I was able to break no clips and quickly swap my third set over. I pulled the foam inserts this time. Someday I’ll A/B with another set with the foams still in to see if I can notice a diff.

I’m a low-tech fellow, so to me the inline mic is still the true added-value that puts KPH30i on the Mt Rushmore of stupid value-for-money. Blue and whites on order. I think those will get yellow Yaxis. Life is all about the hard decisions.

1 Like

And a little FUN along the way!

1 Like