đŸ”¶ Koss KPH30i

Best pair of “go” headphones I own
 <3

1 Like

Pet them like newborns because the cable
This is for me a nice to have in collection and wife does not care as much and uses it
That is ok

I just changed the pads for Yaxi pads and I love them even more. No major sound changes (more soundstage?) but way more comfortable.

7 Likes

I’m still amazed by how good these are. Like, for people that aren’t insane like us, this could be a legit endgame headphone. It’s on Drop right now for 20 dollars. TWENTY DOLLARS for a headphone that sounds so good that most normal people that simply want something to enjoy their music with could say “Yup, that’s all I need, I’m done now.”

Kinda makes me hate myself for throwing as much money around as I have tbh.

3 Likes

If you guys want something brighter with punchier bass and treble check out the Koss CL-10 prison headphones. While I think the KPH30i is better suited for more vocalist, classical, and acoustic type music the CL-10’s are better when it comes to rock and hiphop type music. They’re also semi-open so less sound leakage with the same Porta Pro drivers.

3 Likes

Okay, I know there was a lot of hype with these so this may just be unrealistic expectations, but I’m not pleased with the KPH30is at all (tried it with the stock pads and the Yaxi pads). Spectacular bass, but everything else sounds
muddy? is that the word?

I switched from the KPH to the KSC75 and immediately I thought “good, the instruments are back”
Compared the KPH with KSC75, the Cooler Master MH751 and the Sennheiser 58x - every single sounded worlds better than the KPH.

Is it possible I have a faulty pair or is it supposed to be all bass?

2 Likes

find the KPH30i a touch vailed
our Porta Pro with Yaxi Pads is a touch clearer

I am afraid of changig the pads on the KPH30i

Yeah I think the issue with the KPH30i’s is that once you get a lot of electric guitars and drums going on everything gets drowned out. Which is why I prefer the CL-10’s most majority of music I listen to since it does have a strong bass but it doesn’t overwhelm the whole song. Only issue with them is that the Yaxi pads can sometimes slip out and they make creaky sounds as they move around on your head.

The only issue with changing the pads is that you have to rip off the stock ones. You just have to be careful when taking out the driver but the clips aren’t that close to the to the grill so you’re least likely to poke the driver. Using a small flathead screwdriver just have to slowly push the clip outwards and then pry forward till it pops off the clip and then do it to the second. The last clip would be the easiest and should pop right off.

2 Likes

Does anyone know any compact hardshell carrying case that can fit these type of headphones? Don’t want them getting snapped in a bag and getting a full sized headphone case would be overkill.

Can you send a link to them can’t find them

Yeah don’t try mine broke are the porta pros better

Yeah I have been looking for a case

I have purchased one off of amazon recently which I believe is the smallest standard size headphone case available 18cm x 15cm x 6cm.

Its still a little bit too deep though but should find out in the next few days once it arrives

This is the only place you can buy them as far as I know.

1 Like

Anyone looking for a case for the kph30i here:

Works great:

A little snug, but the plastic frame bends slightly so all good

Also be cautious if you want to add the yaxi pads, you have to pull at a bit of plastic to separate the housing from the driver and that is held down by plastic snaps. I managed to break one on the right ear, so it does not fit as well as it used to with the stock pads

7 Likes

Yes! Good tip. I actually used a guitar pick which was gentle enough to open the casing.

1 Like

would these sound any better with a usb dac like a dragonfly or one of the cheaper $40-50 dollars ones?

i got these thinking they would be close to my ksc75’s, just more bass. but these sound way too warm for my taste and i will have to get another pair of 75’s and just get the headband for them as all i wanted was a bit more bass on the 75’s.

btw, when i say “way too warm” i do mean for my taste only. the tunning is actually quite nice, but i much prefer brighter signatures. to put it in perspective, i find the warm signature of my hd6xx’s so annoying that i find them unusable without eq.

Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for.

I wanted to get the 1More Triple Driver Over-Ear (not) for a closed back that is relatively portable before a trip across the country, but I didn’t have enough money. So I got these instead. They just arrived in the mail. They look so cheap. There is no way they are going to sound as good as everybody is saying. My eyes are telling me no! I guess the only way to tell is to try them out. I’ll probably post my thoughts later.

Man. Regret attempting the yaxi pads mod on these. The comforts benefit don’t outweigh the risk of breaking them unless you’re planning to do a full on mmcx mod.

My warning is just to be careful with the really thin wires that connect the drivers. My right driver died even though the wires are in tact