šŸ”¶ Koss KPH30i

It was also discounted to the same price on Prime Day.

Got these in today, and Iā€™ll be shipping the Porta Pros back. I think the build and comfort are better on these. Donā€™t know how someone could dislike these, really. Still blown away at the sound such cheap headphones are capable of.

Just got mine in today, and these are going to become my primary work headphones I think. I canā€™t get over how good the bass is, but weā€™ll have to see how the long-term comfort works for me.

I might like these more than my T2s? Iā€™ll have to do some A/B testing. I definitely think I prefer them to my KSC75s at the moment, but that might depend on music. I havenā€™t had a pair of PortaPros in about a year so I canā€™t do a comparison thereā€¦but these seem better than I remember them being for what itā€™s worth (not much). I might be the only person who prefers the adjustment system of the PortaPros to these, but itā€™s definitely not terrible.

Iā€™m going to order another set or two from (Mass)Drop so I can have some for home and for work. Why not, theyā€™re cheap.

ā€¦I really hope these donā€™t make me regret buying the 1More Triple Driver On Ears. Surely not.

These are the kind of things that make you question high end audio. Obviously itā€™s not on the same level as high end gear but itā€™s insane how much of the gap they close. The performance for the price is almost like a slap in the face to people that have put serious money into the hobby.

4 Likes

It really makes you question lower mid fi as a whole lol

Lower mid fi has also taken leaps in terms of how good it is since massdrop came into the market with their offerings as well as brands like beyerdynamic with offering such as the 880,770,990 in the under $200 bracket . I find with this the whole entry level market area as a whole comes into question. At that point itā€™s more like do you more aesthetic and build quality? then thatā€™s what your paying extra for.

1 Like

Personally enjoyed the monoprice retros but are these headphones worth getting if my argons are coming in next month. Also have creative aurvana lives how do they comepare to them.

1 Like

Iā€™d love to hear your thoughts on the Retro vs Argons (on another thread of course).

1 Like

Dude, theyā€™re $20-$30. Itā€™s not like buying a house. You just buy them and either like them or donā€™t like them. Theyā€™re not daily drivers. Theyā€™re not comfortable enough for that. For me, the KPH30i exists to supplement my collection. Given the price discrepancy, I sure hope the Argons beat the KPH30i, but I havenā€™t heard an Argon and nor have I heard the Creative Aurvana Live!.

Yes the argonā€™s beat the 30i for overall preformance, letā€™s not be ridiculous, but the 30i vs the cals would be something to take a look at

You donā€™t buy these to beat your high end headphones, you buy them to have something light and portable that delivers legit good sound quality. Do you need something that fills that role? Then yes, theyā€™re worth it.

9 Likes

Thx thatā€™s why I thought of the creative aurvana lives to compare because I took them with me on a 1 month trip to Mexico and they did their job well and if these khp30i have warm sound to it I might just get them for my brother or keep them if the hype was real.

Iā€™ll compare them when the argons come in

Do they sound any better with the yaxi pads

I think so,ā€¦

The Porta Proā€™s do
Not as easy changing the pads on the KPH30i
The Proā€™s pads are off in a few seconds

1 Like

I got mine in and have been using them the last 5 days. Are they suppose to be muddied an bass heavy?
I read so much praise about them, am I bound to have to keep them eqā€™ed for them to actually sound remotely usable?

Mine are definitely bass heavy. I like them for listening to certain music, but I do swap out for things with more treble.

If Iā€™m listening to Brown Bird or something at work these are perfect.

The koss sound is very warm with rolled off treble on the portapros and the kph30is. The ksc 75s have more treble and less bass because of the driver differences. I believe the ksc75 have a titanium (or aluminum?) coated diaphragm, where the portapro and kph30i has a traditional one. The titanium driver definitely has better high end and less bass