šŸ”¶ Koss KPH30i

Would these be better than my HyperX Cloud II for both gaming and music listening? I play fortnite competitively but also listen to all sorts of music and due to having eczema on my ears (I know sounds weird) wanted to try these to reduce sweat lmao. Also a broke boy

It would be good for music and decent for competitive gaming imo. For casual I think it would be just fine, but for competitive it might be a bit lacking

Since you have a working pair of HxC2s you could switch back and forth as needed. I honestly think the kph30i is good enough for gaming to get you by, but the cable might be short depending on your configuration. You will definitely hear an improvement with music and it will be lighter and breathable for gaming over your current pair.

The KPH30I will NOT be good for eczema on your ears. Despite being as open as possible the pads touch a large portion of your ear and get hot due to the pressure.

A real solution would be to find a cheap open back with big pad openings that fit your whole ear. I know they are MUCH more expensive but the HD58X have rather large pads and are currently $25 off.

Other Sennheisers like the HD559 have similar sized pads. Maybe someone else can point you towards an even cheaper open back.

Edit: how did I forget the SHP9500

Actually what about something like the ad700x, as they are excellent for competitive gaming and they are very open and actually donā€™t fit well, but that would mean it would not rest on your ears that much.

For music they are fairly bass light though

1 Like

It might hurt your ears over time but loose up the clamp force if you want

I like mine, but biggest complaint is how one side has the click stop for headband placement but the other side just slides with noting to keep it in place. <_<

I think Iā€™ll try both since my eczema is bad on my ear but it is worse on the surrounding areas of the ear. I might wait till Cyber Monday to see how low the SHP9500s can get (from AUS so theyā€™re still like $140 inc. shipping). Just wondering in what listening scenarios are each of these (Cloud IIā€™s or KPH30i or SHP9500) generally better than the others for example FPS gaming or pop music or ballad or edm, etc (since I donā€™t know what I prefer myself).

If you like edm trust me your going to be disappointed in the shp9500 they lack bass and are bright you will find more enjoyable sound from the kph30i for mid bass nice cozy sound and good lowend or porta pros sub bass which I guess is more thumping and slightly more energetic than the khp30i. cloud ll are very v shape which is a fun bassy sound but the treble and sibilance is really annoying idk if itā€™s just me but it might not bother you, I would choose the mh751 over the cloud ll itā€™s more balanced sound good for gaming and music. For just music the creative aurvana live.

Maybe you should try some IEMs. If you have eczema around and on your ear an IEM wonā€™t touch any of it, especially the Tin HiFi T2 since the cable can hang straight from the ear. Plus itā€™s only $50 on Amazon (USA at least).

If your eczema is IN your ear as well then see a doctor and invest in some speakers.
Eczema around or on the ears sucks for headphone use. It was an issue all throughout highschool for me. I found that after I got the HD58X, an open back with velour pads, my ears would not get as hot and I would not get pimples where the pads sat any more. I hope you can find a solution for your situation.

2 Likes

Ye, I pretty much have the same issue as you, its in my ears too :frowning: I guess Iā€™ll just have to start saving up

The Micca RB42 are back on Amazon for $150. I donā€™t know about Australia prices or availability. Speakers might be more expensive but they should be great for music and movies. I pretty sure they should be good for games as well. Hopefully someone with more knowledge about speakers can help.

1 Like

errrā€¦wrong thread? weā€™re talking about the Koss KPH30i headphones here. :slight_smile:

The user Iā€™m responding to asked about the KPH30I for gaming since traditional over ears are a problem due to eczema. After a bit of back and forth I recommended speakers since over ears, on ears, and IEMs all seem to be problematic due to the eczema.

2 Likes

Got my Koss KPH30I :princess::star_struck::heart_eyes:

How do they soundā€¦ They are Babyā€™s first HD 58X Jubilee.

The Tuning sound is basically Sennhisers with less 4k to 20k Give it a little bump and wow that sounds really close. I still like the 58x layering of instruments better as well as Sennhisers are my go-to headphones for movies and games. If anyone is like hmm I might wanna try sennheisers but im broke buy Koss KPH30I if you like them save a bit more and get the 58x.

Bass is great not muddy but rumbling. Mids are good clear and enjoyable. Highs like I said feel a bit rolled off but you can get them back by boosting them with EQ. They have this odd musicality magic that draws you in and soon your head bobbing with the music. Why are you still here go buy this for yourself and post what you think.

I will be keeping them and getting some pads and I might even try to mmcx mod themā€¦
Zeos Golf Clap:clap:

I am going to be trying this soon. I got 2 pairs, so if I screw up one I still have one good one. Theyā€™re worth the effort

2 Likes

yeah they are! let us know how it goes! I have some yaxi pads on the way :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah the low end is satisfying

1 Like

Just got mine. I got to say these are the best of the bunch. i think even better than the ksc75. It seems in the tests i did they held their fidelity better. less distortion and issues. Not sure it they can match the treble of the ksc75ā€™s but the treble sounded pretty good to me. they are also the biggest of the bunch too. almost covered my entire ear, not sure is the driver is physically the biggest.

Do the yaxi pads make and difference in sound or just comfort?