🔶 Koss Porta-Pro

I also have the standard and Massdrop editions.
Gotta catch 'em all!

7 Likes

These headphones were the ones that brought me into the headphone game. I was straight to speakers only. After asking one of my colleagues at the office to try them as they were looking old fashioned and cheap, I was pretty shocked with the sound that I bought my first pair the next day. Owning 2 now, I am a big fan of their sound signature and I wish one day to find a speaker sounding like these… Great value, so enjoyable full bodied sound!

4 Likes

I bought the Gold last year. Love the bling! Seriously, they are gorgeous. Also have the classic and Black. Might pick up the Mass Drop version for the dark ring. The classics were my first venture into better sounding headphones. Still Love the warm sound these produce.

2 Likes

Not a huge fan of the ksc75, they sound a bit sharp and metallic, I would get something else if I was feigning for treble detail. However I love the Porta Pros. I snapped off the Porta Pro headband and attached the ksc75 clips to them. Now they fit in my pocket, perfect for on the go. I also have yaxi pads, much more plush now.

3 Likes

Yup. I have the KSC75 too. They’re bright, sound as clear as light (ehm… yes it’s a line from another brand – ESS), but lack bass. Buying the PortaPros soon, confident they’ll sound good all around.

1 Like

Thanks @AriBeristain , I LOVE these news pads. I was skeptical on whether these would alter the sound, I ordered for comforts sake. These delivered on all fronts. Opened up the highs a bit and are extremely comfortable. I ordered a pair for my sons Porta Pros. Right away he said that they sounded clearer!

I highly recommend.

8 Likes

Yeah idk tin t2 are to bright for me with stock tips I would say going back to the ksc75 it actually has more sound stage and bass it sounds so pleasant to my ears. So yeah if you don’t like a flat boring sound don’t get the tin t2, doesn’t mean I don’t like themnit’s just that they are boring to listen to but with the right tips in my opinion it sounds better than the stock.

1 Like

I’ve had a pair of Porta-Pros for going on 10 years. I just got Yaxi pads for them and I’m having some trouble with fit. The new pads may be thick enough to push harder against my ears regardless, but the temple pads have also likely compacted over time. I saw in one review (I think it was unrelated to this particular headphone?) that Z had added a little something to the temple pads to help take the pressure off the Yaxi’s. Anybody remember what that was or know of another fix?

Thanks!

That’s interesting to hear since I consider the t2s as really fun lol. I guess im used to the even more flat dt770s

Dang well they sound slightly boring to me but they are enjoyable for relaxed listening with foam tips I still use them quite a bit now but use the blons 03 more now.

1 Like

Lol. I guess thats why everyone is different. And I totally feel you my man, i also use the blons much more now.

1 Like

The Porta Pro’s are 43 bucks here :eyes: the KTC version is 70 bucks is there any difference between the sound of these or its just the added mic

The KTC are specifically designed for the in line controls to work with iPhones, there’s no difference in sound!

Oh I see, ty :slight_smile:

Just fyi. You can order a replacement cable from China on eBay or AliExpress for about $10 (US) and get the mic and in line controls if you ever need something like this. It’s super easy to take apart the PortaPros and rewire, you just need like beginner soldering knowledge… if that. It’ll save you some cash to put towards Yaxi pads and absorb more audio than the other leading pad brands. lol :nerd_face:

1 Like

Feeling nostalgic…and a lil like being Starlord…

8 Likes

You gotta get the beige for the full Starlord effect…

We should gets some and do the cable mod!

4 Likes

I have been looking at the Beige model…and that Black and gold model you have!!

3 Likes

Let’s do it!

We can coincide our cable mod with Andrew’s cable video. :blush:

2 Likes

I’m going to get the black and gold color of these someday…

1 Like