šŸ”¶ Koss Porta-Pro

Thatā€™s interesting to hear since I consider the t2s as really fun lol. I guess im used to the even more flat dt770s

Dang well they sound slightly boring to me but they are enjoyable for relaxed listening with foam tips I still use them quite a bit now but use the blons 03 more now.

1 Like

Lol. I guess thats why everyone is different. And I totally feel you my man, i also use the blons much more now.

1 Like

The Porta Proā€™s are 43 bucks here :eyes: the KTC version is 70 bucks is there any difference between the sound of these or its just the added mic

The KTC are specifically designed for the in line controls to work with iPhones, thereā€™s no difference in sound!

Oh I see, ty :slight_smile:

Just fyi. You can order a replacement cable from China on eBay or AliExpress for about $10 (US) and get the mic and in line controls if you ever need something like this. Itā€™s super easy to take apart the PortaPros and rewire, you just need like beginner soldering knowledgeā€¦ if that. Itā€™ll save you some cash to put towards Yaxi pads and absorb more audio than the other leading pad brands. lol :nerd_face:

1 Like

Feeling nostalgicā€¦and a lil like being Starlordā€¦

8 Likes

You gotta get the beige for the full Starlord effectā€¦

We should gets some and do the cable mod!

4 Likes

I have been looking at the Beige modelā€¦and that Black and gold model you have!!

3 Likes

Letā€™s do it!

We can coincide our cable mod with Andrewā€™s cable video. :blush:

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to get the black and gold color of these somedayā€¦

1 Like

you guys kill me

wanted to order the beige and amazon us wonĀ“t ship the item to germany
has to do with guarantee stuff

the hunt has started!

Edit
ebay japan was kind enough ā€¦ the beige is on itĀ“s way
and now a few new sets Yaxi Pads

Edit
ordered blue and red Yaxi pads - so I can take the orange Yaxi set of my wifes standard Porta Pro and she gets blue/orange while the beige gets blue/red Yaxi pads

Edit
ordered the KSC 75 for the spare pair of red/orange Yaxi pads - I donĀ“t like it, when something is left over

3 Likes

I really need to buy yaxi pads one of these days. It doesnā€™t seem like anyone prefers the porta pros without them.

3 Likes

they are ok with the original pads

I started with gym last sunday - was a member since 2014, though never went there
last sunday i took my wifes PP with orange Yaxi pads for the gym and it was perfect
I used her Fiio BTR 3 and she used some cheap Bluetooth in Ears
I switched on Dual Bluetooth on my Android and so we both listened to a tidal playlist
yesterday at the gym, we did it similar
my wife got her Porta Pro with BT3 and I used my ES100 with the Tin Hifi T4
it was ok, though a bit too much isolation for me

have here at the office as backup a Koss KPH30i, however I donĀ“t like the sound and comfort as much

curious about the KSC75 - could be even more my cup of tee

3 Likes

When I first got the Yaxi pads I was singing their praises, but after a couple months I swapped them back out and I actually do prefer them with the stock pads.

1 Like

Asked my wife to lend me a hand

13 Likes

Love that Rhythm Beige pair.

Now you have the 75ā€™s how do you like em?

Best of all the budget Koss
The 75ā€™s driver is a good amount more detailed and wider. With the Yaxi pads it is a no brainer
The Porta Pro is warmer and less detailed.
The KDH30i is the least interesting of the bunch

5 Likes