šŸ”¶ Koss Porta-Pro

Reason why Iā€™m returning my 30i, less impressive than the 75 and they donā€™t really have a use for me anymore.

1 Like

more on the Yaxi pads, could anyone share how to clean off darker dirt safely? Wiped my red side with wet cloth and its transferring the red color but the dark dirt stayed.

So, Koss PortaPros wireless exist, with AptXā€¦ :thinking:

But I guess it would be stupid to get the wireless version when the originals are half the price, and legendary for their sound, heh.

(Even if the sound apparently doesnā€™t change at all on the wireless version ā€“ good).

Not sure. Perhaps soak in cool or barely warm water?

Iā€™d agree with this. Awesome picture!

2 Likes

thank you @Rhodey

Hereā€™s a Porta Pro review from 1984, courtesy of Metal571ā€™s twitter feed:

10 Likes

Since the foam is dyed youā€™re going to get bleed regardless. I use warm water and dish detergent and hand washed the dirty spots and air dry the pads. I notice the pads desaturate quite easily especially the red pads with casual use. I might just end up throwing them into a net and throw them into the washer. Iā€™ll let you know what the results are when I do.

1 Like

Probably not the ideal place to post this question but Iā€™m not quite sure where.
I ordered the Yaxi pads about a month ago, but I really donā€™t understand the tracking info they gave me. As far as I have managed to find out itā€™s still in Tokyo somewhere but they keep saying returned to sender. Anyone who understands this?

2 Likes

It looks like they couldnā€™t find your address. Iā€™d shoot them an email with the screenshot of the tracking info you posted here.

2 Likes

I should clarify that I do not live in, or anywhere near, Tokyo. I live in The Netherlands :P. They (Yaxi) send me a copy of the document from Japan post which has my correct address on it (unless they coudnā€™t figure out that ā€˜Netherlandsā€™ is ā€˜The Netherlandsā€™).
But yeah Iā€™ll probably mail Yaxi again then. I was hoping maybe I didnā€™t understand correctly and it just hasnā€™t left Tokyo for whatever other reason and they are now sending it my way :frowning:.

1 Like

I know in the U.S. ā€œreturned to senderā€ is when a package is refused/undeliverable. Perhaps the post mixed up the shipping and rather than international it went domestic. Iā€™m not sure, but hopefully Yaxi will have a better answer.

Good luck.

1 Like

Thanks man, I send them a message.

1 Like

Just a fun pic of my Porta Pros with Yaxi pads on my AT-AT LEGO set

11 Likes

Thinking about getting a pair of these to use when out walking.

Just wondering if there is any difference between the classics and these? Anyone had any experience with both?

3 Likes

No difference, just the color and possibly an in-line mic!

4 Likes

Agreed, the color way and possibly a newer mic. Great headphones. :+1:t4:

I definitely recommend getting the Yaxi Pads. Theyā€™re available direct from Yaxi jp, or usually via Amazon.

Cheers!

3 Likes

OK thanks @creaturekyle and @ValentineLuke. I probably will look into the Yaxiā€™s eventually as well, only heard good things!

3 Likes

Theyā€™re only $25 dollars now, Iā€™m buying 2

5 Likes

dang bro sniping my post like that smh
(Iā€™m kidding)

2 Likes