đŸ”¶ Koss Porta-Pro

9 Likes

My blue ones are supposed to arrive today, and I’m doing the same on both my PortaPros and KSC75s

2 Likes

How did you get your cable modded?

I didn’t. But I’ve seen that you can put mmcx sockets in. I might try.

2 Likes

If it’s not a mod cable then why does it look like fabric? Also why are the drivers and switches red?

That’s the cable and colors it came with. There are a few models it seems.

Is that cable nicer than the usual koss stuff? And if so, could you link it?

I got it here. Is all I can tell you.

I think they made a mistake and sent the Red Hot variant.

3 Likes

I checked the internet to make sure that it’s not a fake Porta pro. It seems it’s legit, the only problem I have is a channel imbalance (Depending on the source it’s more or less prominent)

I remember there were a couple of Special Editions a few years ago that had a cloth wrapped cable. Pretty sure that color way was one of them. They also ha White with that cloth cable.

There were several limited color ways tat were European exclusives. I should’ve bought a pair of the white.

1 Like

If you look on eBay you can still find a bunch of those colourways for pretty cheap! Braided cables and all.

1 Like

Two weeks after using these non stop with the iBasso DX160 and RNHP. My Iems are gathering dust. The Porta pros aren’t technically a marvel but I don’t care, everything sounds so enjoyable, specially old recordings that I listen twice as much music as before. Ksc75 and Kph30i ordered as well as a second Porta pro.

4 Likes

It’s a great headphone. I jokingly call them “Baby Aeolus”.

Cheers!

1 Like

A king amongst kings :crown:

9 Likes

Money shot!

2 Likes

Oof, so my right driver decided it can live no longer after only 1.5 months. It’s been having some issues every now and then throughout November, but now it no longer plays at the same volume as the left - if it wants to play music at all.

Thankfully Amazon has the extended holiday return available, so I’m going to request a replacement. If the driver doesm’t completely kill itself before next week, I’d like to do a side by side comparison of my Yaxi/Kramer-ed unit with the replacement as well as the Beige LE I’ll get on Monday.

Farewell buddy, you were amazing despite being so flawed :sob:

so, has anyone done the Grado pad mod to the PP’s?

I believe the porta pros driver housing is too small. I tried to put some of my various Grado pads on mine and none of them fit.

1 Like

6 Likes

Did you mod the cable on this one? I’ve got orange Yaxis on mine too and I love them.