KZ KS10 Pro WHITE NOISE

Hi! first of all I’m a beginner with this of IEM and HI-FI audio and I just buy my first IEM (KZ KS10 Pro) and have to say that really sound amazing I’m crazy about it.

I just realized when I down the volume can hear a noise (White Noise) that even when I pause the song I keep hearing it. When the music doesn’t have like “quite” or “calm” parts it’s okay you don’t notice the white noise but the problems is when really have it or When you just want to hear in low volume.

So reading a few about it found that some people recommend the IFI IEMATCH and other an Amplifier (I’m interested in Fiio BTR5) and I want to know if the amp really (Fiio BTR5) could fix it as the IFI IEMATCH.

I plugged my IEM to my laptop, Cellphone and a Mac Pro (with a lot more white noise than my laptop).

You are experiencing “hissing”. It is a result of the source you are using having a pretty shitty amp that probably has a high output impedance.

Yes, I do believe the BTR5 will fix it so no need to get the IEMATCH as well. (you need a better source to experience the full potential of those/better iems anyway)

Thank you, I really believe that was white noise because I hear a white noise sound video on YouTube and believe that was exactly what I hear in my IEM’s hahaha, I’ll buy the BTR5 in that case and even better if that fix the hissing because also I was searching a way I could plugged in my main cellphone (IPhone) and find an adapter from Fiio but for me is really uncomfortable have one. Thanks again men, I’ll buy BTR5 hooping that fix my problem.

You can confirm if it is hissing and not in the track you are listening to by playing a song and then instantly pause it and listen for any noise. This way you “activate” the amp so you be able to hear if the noise is coming from the amp or the song.

If you are uncertain you can also disconnect the iem from the source and if the noise vanishes, it is 100% hissing.

Yeah actually is 100% hissing as you said when I unplug the IEM’s the “noise” vanishing at all.

yup, get a better amp then, that will fix it.

Here is a great thread on bluetooth amp/dacs: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-hi-fi-hi-res-audiophiles-bluetooth-headphone-adapter-thread-8-jul-20-qudelix-5k-impression-added.906655/

1 Like

Thanks, definitely I’ll buy Fiio BTR5, I will reply when finally have it and tested. Thanks again.

No problem, hope you enjoy it.

I’m also a beginner, but what helped me with the white noise for example on Spotify is to turn off the option “Volume normalization”. I’m using KZ ZS10 pro / Blon BL 03 with a Xduoo Xp-2.

Sensitive transducers (drivers) tend to reveal noise floors, so even if the quality of the amp is very good, it can still have a higher noise floor revealed by impedance mismatches and high sensitivity, resulting in a hissing or waterfall sort of sound during very quiet portions or while paused. Reducing gain can sometimes improve this. It doesn’t mean it’s a bad amp, just that it’s not a good match for that particular transducer.

BAs are usually sensitive to that. But using a normal smartphone and laptop are definitely not good sources.

I feel like the “hissing” of laptops and smartphones is sometimes just a roulette…
smartphones arent so bad, there isnt so much happening electrically (very low current)
but in a laptop it just depends on the shielding and how much did the manufacturer really care about such things…
But i guess we can all agree that even 20 usd iems would probably benefit from a better source

of course, some will perform better than others. But generally I would upgrade the source since that is very important.

1 Like

I’ve not listened to the KZ KS10 pro’s but are they more sensitive than Andro’s?

Not likely. They have 24 ohms and a sensitivity of 111db.

1 Like

Well, Yesterday have in my hands the BTR5 and solve my problem with “hissing” it’s amazing just have your volume and the lowest posible and just not hear that annoying sound just the the music, If my IEM’s already sound amazing just with Fiio BTR5 it’s other level, Highly recommend if someone are thinking in buy it just go for it. and Thanks Rikudo_Goku for your tips and help.

Just to be clear, one thing that could be a “bad point” it’s the fact of their equalizer not work in USB but if you have your EQ as APO I think you won’t have any problem. If you want to use the EQ of Fiio you have to use BT mode.

2 Likes

Also If someone’s could recommend me a post or video of How to EQ, what frequency move what kind of sounds and that kind of things (How to Know what frequency up or down in relation of what you want of the sound.)

For my preferences the sound for itself of the BTR5 in USB it’s just perfect and just a little little bit more of bass will be just a godness sound.