šŸ”¶ KZ ZEX Pro Tribrid

I watched the guyā€™s video list. They exclusively have kz iems in it. So yeah, taken with a pinch of saltā€¦

1 Like

Wowā€¦ A non-V-shaped KZā€¦

Count me as intrigued.

Graph courtesy of @paulwasabii

16 Likes

Oh wow, are they really gonna release a set that can be said as well tuned?

Count me too as intrigued.

2 Likes

Thatā€™sā€¦ that a great graph.

2 Likes

Thanks for the graph @paulwasabii! Looks like you reviewed the ZEX, so hopefully weā€™ll see a comparison video coming out soon?
P.s. Just subscribed to your YouTube channel :+1:

2 Likes

Graph looks cool, I hope it isnā€™t hissing like ZEX.

Hissing? what source are you using with the ZEX? itā€™s impedance is 25ā„¦ which isnā€™t that low where as say CF Andromeda is 12.8ā„¦.

1 Like

nice, looks like a VK4 that will come with some semblance of technicalities and a cleaner bass. just have to hope the bellsing BA doesnā€™t ruin it too much

1 Like

I live near some overhead powerlines, and when I wear the standard ZEX outside, they get hissing and some static too. I have to assume the electret is very sensitive to the EM. Magneto static driver is actually the more accurate term for what the driver is, but I am not going down that down rabbit hole.

1 Like

Sadly the old VK4 is rumoured to have gone the way of the teas. They have apparently changed the tuning for the VK4.

Crin is investigating.

1 Like

I saw on a FB forum that a few people have received their ZEX Pro already. The consensus is that this set does veer away from KZ house sound sig and sounds much closer to the Harmon target! Interesting interesting. I hope the BA+electret combo delivers a tasteful treble region and not sibilant!

4 Likes

ZEX Pro quick look by @paulwasabii

10 Likes

The graph looks great and so far pretty much all the reviews are positive except some Chinese folks. There are only a few of reviews though. KZ also removed it from their official Chinese store for right now and it says coming back later. People there are saying itā€™s a complete garbage and zex is betterā€¦ Things looking very sus there. We need to wait for more reviews.

Maybe itā€™s the first tuning to match Western treble
ideals at the expense of disappointing Chinese fans and customers.

1 Like

They are mostly upset with bass though. They said the bass is too light yet muffled ā€¦I also saw one reviewer on YouTube said the same thing. Based on the fact that he likes edx pro I assuming v-shaped lovers are gonna disappointed here. I can imagine it lacks mid bass but I donā€™t quite get how it could be muffled at the same time.

1 Like

Most reviewer that i actually follows points out it have better quality bass with better texturing and sounds more natural than ZEX. But the bass quantity is lower than ZEX which is contention some of the reviewer who expect ZEX level bass quantity.

I tried to see some newish reviewer but some begin with complaining that 3 driver hybrid is harder to drive compared to 2 driver hybrid (duh) despite it still reach decent volume with smartphone out and iā€™m afraid some conflate quantity with quality so, less bass=muffled bass.

1 Like

Here we goooo: KZ ZEX PRO Earphones (Knocking on the Audiophile door) - YouTube

2 Likes

My set has departed. I think Iā€™ll get it in 2 to 3 weeks

2 Likes

FR from MRS:
KZ RETURNS: What did I miss? Featuring ZEX PRO - YouTube

1 Like